aaa Trance & Hardhouse claps ?? - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/39             30-Jan-02  @  12:28 AM   -   Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

Andy

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, Does anybody know were I can get claps you here in Trance and Hardhouse tracks? I don't mean the standard 909 clap , but long snappy one's I here. Is it a special drum machine that they use? If so which one? I have a couple of sample cd's, but not 1 decent clap on it. Can anyone help?
Andy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/39             30-Jan-02  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

k

Link?:  Link

Andy mate - can you add a short snippet of audio example in mp3 format?... If you signup and return to the forum logged-in you can add an audio file to your post that'd help.... the forum will take a 500k file (ignore what it says about 100k max filesize)

sustained (long) claps tend to be the result of compression with long decay times tho - perhaps it's that ?.. also layering claps with detuned rimshots add's more 'snap' to the sound.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/39             01-Feb-02  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

djfunk

Link?: Link

File?:  File

145_X5_17I.mp3

Hi K,

Here's a short drumloop I found with the kind of claps I'm looking for. Please let me know if know how it's made. Thanks.
Andy

Message 4/39             01-Feb-02  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

Maarten

Sounds exactly as K described... you should be able to achieve that with samples and editor, low/no attack, long decay and compress- no necessity for a drummachine me thinks.

-M-

Message 5/39             01-Feb-02  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

milan

to me it sounds like a short clap with lot of bright reverb on it, and THEN compressed, to get the decay to stay that loud. there´s also someting else, maybe a rim or snare mixed in at the begining for punch.

Message 6/39             02-Feb-02  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

djfunk

Hi guys, thanks for the advice. I’m probably doing it all wrong, but I wasn’t able to get the desired effect. I tried using a couple of standard claps and I put them through a waves compressor with the settings you mentioned. The claps did get tighter and have more sustain, but they just couldn’t quite cut it with the example I posted. This leaves me to believe that a) the waves plugin is not good enough or b) the source material isn’t all that. Which one is it ?? I’m in desperate need of good claps and I need to know all the option before I buy anything I might regret. Can any of you help? Thanks

Andy

Message 7/39             02-Feb-02  @  01:21 AM     Edit: 02-Feb-02  |  01:47 AM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

k

It probably is your source sample not being the same that's all... well, there is so many clap sources - TR707 claps, 808 claps, 'ClapTrap', 909 claps, Yammy RX claps, Linn claps etc etc... actualy that one does sound like it has a layered finger-snap sample or something behind it, but those older analog & early digital clap boxes like the Clap-Trap sound good too, more granular - try blending sounds with the claps, also pitching your clap samples in an editor or the sampler etc etc...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/39             02-Feb-02  @  01:24 AM     Edit: 02-Feb-02  |  01:46 AM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

k

thats a music-aid clap-trap... i added some clap-trap samples to the samples/files section - just do a search for 'simmons'

Message 9/39             03-Feb-02  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

djfunk

Thanks for the advice K. Question: If I were to buy a machine, which should I get. I'm also looking for very hard kicks. Are there any new machines out with the right sounds. Just want to know which I should listen too. Thanks.
Andy

Message 10/39             03-Feb-02  @  03:48 AM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

influx

why bother if you have a sampler or PC? you dont need a drumbox.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot