aaa direct recording bass? - Guitars & amps forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Guitars & amps

Subject: direct recording bass?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             25-Oct-02  @  01:18 AM   -   direct recording bass?

scrotalsack

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ive been wanting to get into the bass for a
while, and now it looks like im going to need
to for an upcoming project.
im looking for recommendations for tools that
i can use for directly recording bass into my
console, â la Line 6 Pod. I know they make a
bass Pod but i havent heard too much about it.
being as there are now several direct
recording boxes for guitar it doesnt seem like
a stretch for there to be ones for bass as well.
looking for some recommendations.
thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             25-Oct-02  @  01:58 AM   -   RE: direct recording bass?

psylichon

Get a good DI and use the tools and plugins you have.

psylichon

Message 3/14             25-Oct-02  @  04:35 AM   -   RE: direct recording bass?

JX3P0

Link?:  Link

Tech 21 made some good Bass specific DI
boxes.

H- Tablature that's funny haven't seen that in
about ten years

Message 4/14             25-Oct-02  @  10:28 AM   -   RE: direct recording bass?

bedwyr

aand you can use ik multimedia amplitube plugin for a di'd bass too.

Message 5/14             25-Oct-02  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: direct recording bass?

k

I use a bass head with a pre-amp line out socket, and feed that to the PC/mixer.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/14             26-Oct-02  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: direct recording bass?

scrotalsack

Link?:  No link

so what are some good DI boxes? sorry for so many questions... im used to all my synths and every time i learn something about a "real" instrument its just questions questions questions... what im looking for is a box that will give me a warm charecter but doesn't sound like total shit should i decide to make it do things it wasn't meant for (which i do often) i just want a good sound with unique charecter, or more appropriately, has enough control over the sound that i can create a tone of unique charecter through it...

Message 7/14             26-Oct-02  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: direct recording bass?

milan

unique character? ridge farm boiler, or was it gas cooker? plenty of character, and plenty of dough too...

Message 8/14             26-Oct-02  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: direct recording bass?

damballah

yeah, it's a gas cooker, a tube DI that has knobs like a gas stove. there's always getting a good sound in the room and hanging a mic in front of it. there's gotta be about 20 podlike things available now. tech 21's sans amp Bass DI's what, around 200 US$. DI's run from about 40 US$ for something like a basic whirlwind or behringer to around a grand for a manley or a gas cooker.

Message 9/14             26-Oct-02  @  02:48 AM   -   RE: direct recording bass?

nomad

actually, on the cheap i got an H&K tubeman (one of the older ones) a few months ago, it says it's a guitar thing but it works really well on my bass guitar too. i think they go for like $75-100 on ebay when they show up... and they sound great... don't forget to put a good tube in it (like a $10 tesla or ei from triode electronics, those are plenty good)...

Message 10/14             26-Oct-02  @  03:25 AM   -   RE: direct recording bass?

psylichon

Countryman or Avalon is always the top pick for bass in the studios I work at. Again, big $$$.

psylichon

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)