aaa Welcome Me, Dammit - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Welcome Me, Dammit

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/26             08-Apr-03  @  04:26 AM   -   Welcome Me, Dammit

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

well, I have been welcomed to the waldorf family by a mint condition blue micro q. It arrived today, about 3 weeks after I paid for the damn thing. I got completely what I wasn't expecting out of this piece of kit...got definitley way more than i paid for. In about 5 minutes, i was making patches that have been heard only in my dreams- so fuck off people who say that it's hard to get the hang of!  

well, i love it- and it's sounds will compliment my nova's sounds quite nicely in tracks to come :P

~bs

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/26             08-Apr-03  @  06:28 AM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

Stefan

Congrats

Message 3/26             08-Apr-03  @  07:02 AM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

errata

Link?:  No link

Cheers, BS

We have both a uq nd a Nova... they compliment each other quite nicely!

And I agree, the uq is MORE than worth what you pay!

Welcome

e

Message 4/26             08-Apr-03  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

milan

congrats BS, i'm sure you'll have great fun in following weeks/months/years with it. the creative potential is ridiculous.

Message 5/26             08-Apr-03  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

Maarten

Welcome to this wonderful world we call Waldorf  

Message 6/26             09-Apr-03  @  03:05 PM     Edit: 09-Apr-03  |  03:06 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

dARKSTATe

And so say all of us..  

...now go make some tunes!

Message 7/26             09-Apr-03  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

Broken Silence

thank you , thank you  

i'm proud of it, so far have had a TUN of fun with programing some out-of-this-world stuff. The wavetables are awesome for pads!

For the uQ users: there that one preset that is like A005e that is THE coolest, real sounding vocal pad!! I'm goin nutz over this thing-- that pad's definatley gonna have a major part in my new track!!!

The only qualm I have so far is trying to upload the new OS- any of you ever had any problems?

Message 8/26             10-Apr-03  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

errata

Link?:  No link

can't for the live of me remember what the stock patches sound like anymore, but I made a choir pad on the uQ that sound like sampled humans! Better than any ROM synth I've heard!

You just don't know, man... that synth is DEEP! Wait until your assigning oscilators to control fm amount on other osc's and LFO's to control FM on seperate filters, and filter panning that doesn't pan the osc's just the filtering and comb filters, and noise and it's all completely routable one to the other! I love the uQ... you will too!

e

Message 9/26             10-Apr-03  @  10:22 AM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

milan

yeah, you can do some wicked vocal sounds with it. and you can hear my funny vocal sound here  

Message 10/26             10-Apr-03  @  04:47 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

dARKSTATe

Having problems loading the O/S?

Make sure you're handshaking the PC/Sequencer to your uQ properly. Got mastertrack switched off... then you should just be able to play/run the sysex update and the uQ should automatically pick it up...

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)