aaa what the **** is wrong with my osc - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: what the **** is wrong with my osc

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/17             08-May-03  @  04:30 AM   -   what the **** is wrong with my osc

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

for some reason, my nova seems to clip a shitload when i have the oscs at almost any level above 10. Adding resoncance really makes it alot worse. At full cutoff, it doesnt really clip but in low to mid ranges it is really really noticable. Is there a trick or something that i'm not doing? Any one else have the same problem?

thanks peps,

~andrew

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             08-May-03  @  04:43 AM   -   RE: what the **** is wrong with my osc

psylichon

there you go with that "clip" word again.

From what you described to me in chat, it's not what most of us would consider "clipping". Once you get your mixer, you gotta post a sample of it. That will help immeasurably.

Now go to bed!

Message 3/17             08-May-03  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: what the **** is wrong with my osc

Broken Silence

File?:  File

Novasheisse.mp3

okay here we go:

filtered melody in 96kbs...

it has 50 resonance and 50 on all the oscs

it sounds more like an overdrive

Message 4/17             08-May-03  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: what the **** is wrong with my osc

horizens

File?:  [image]

[image file]

that sounds like clipping.

Message 5/17             08-May-03  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: what the **** is wrong with my osc

GrooveMonkey

Defo sounds like clipping to me, I had a similar problem with a patch on my MS2000, sorted it by turning down the oscilators. Hmmmm... Send me the patch, I'll see it it happens on my Supernova

Message 6/17             08-May-03  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: what the **** is wrong with my osc

k

nice riff!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/17             08-May-03  @  10:25 PM   -   RE: what the **** is wrong with my osc

errata

Link?:  No link

Is this with ANY patch, or just the one in the example?

e

Message 8/17             08-May-03  @  10:30 PM   -   RE: what the **** is wrong with my osc

errata

upon further inspection it sounds more like a bad cable... can't hear it much, but it's clear in the filter changes, almost steps. again, is it just this patch?

e

Message 9/17             09-May-03  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: what the **** is wrong with my osc

Broken Silence

hmm i have hosa shit cables...but yes it does happen on any patch

Message 10/17             09-May-03  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: what the **** is wrong with my osc

Bastiaan

sounds like a patchcable problem indeed...all I hear is this tiny spike like pops and crackles, no distortion of any kind...I just bought some quality cables for my monitors and my soundcard and it's a massive difference...esp my monitors: i thought i had blown up one since it distorted a lot of sounds in the low frequency range...turns a a new cable was all i needed.

Patchcords and cables are the worst thing one could try to save money on...that's my humble opinion.

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot