aaa Just read Alesis Ion review... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Just read Alesis Ion review...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16             18-Aug-03  @  04:16 AM   -   Just read Alesis Ion review...

Mick

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

... in SOS. I tend to put more stock in them than I do any other mag outside of TapeOp. Its a glowing review. Anyone here had any experience with it? I'm not in the market now but when it comes on the used market I might consider it as a replacement for one of my lesser synths.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             18-Aug-03  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: Just read Alesis Ion review...

R.A.T.

Link?:  No link

Seems pretty good value for money.

Message 3/16             18-Aug-03  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: Just read Alesis Ion review...

Defector z

I've heard positive things about the Ion. Reasonably priced, no?

Message 4/16             18-Aug-03  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: Just read Alesis Ion review...

spectre1

About $800 US, no?

My lowly local music store has yet to get any in. But most of the people who have tried it are quite impressed. I'm interested in getting the chance to play with one.

Message 5/16             30-Aug-03  @  05:30 AM   -   RE: Just read Alesis Ion review...

Influx

someone I know bought one. Aside from looking a bit 1960s scifi...the sound really is there.

sounds more analog ...you know? not too incredibly aggressive per se, but it has that...feel to it.

dunno. I kinda liked it. but i like keyboards with knobs. most of them at least

Ive already seen a couple used for $600 believe it or not. odd

Message 6/16             30-Aug-03  @  09:14 AM   -   RE: Just read Alesis Ion review...

milan

cool. i thought the review was very interesting too, the possibility to model moog/obie/arp/roland filters and such.

Message 7/16             02-Sep-03  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: Just read Alesis Ion review...

The Alchemist

I tried one recently and I thought it was o.k.
Sound was good but the interface could have been better. Too many hidden options, i hate that.
I like knobs that i can tweak without scrolling through interfaces. If you dont mind interfaces that are very layered, then i guess it would be for you.

Message 8/16             02-Sep-03  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: Just read Alesis Ion review...

influx

Link?:  Link

well basically all VAs have multiple menus, no? I mean...theyre far more complex than the old analogs for the most part

sure loved that AX60 I had..just grab somethin, tweak it, and youre done!

Message 9/16             23-Sep-03  @  03:47 AM     Edit: 23-Sep-03  |  03:49 AM   -   RE: Just read Alesis Ion review...

PlazIdyllic Pleazurkraft

I remember lusting after the AX80. Those cool bar graphs did it for me.

Message 10/16             23-Sep-03  @  07:44 AM   -   RE: Just read Alesis Ion review...

Influx

defeats the purpose tho. menus again!

60 had ZERO menus. what you saw was what you got

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)