aaa CZ101 display help? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: CZ101 display help?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             15-Oct-03  @  09:07 AM   -   CZ101 display help?

Bastiaan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Well, I'm on a budget roll again: I just got myself a brand new (well, second hand) CZ101 with 2 RA-3 memory cartridges and a memory cartridge for my yamaha tg500 (MCD64) for just 110 Euro. The guy that sold it to me even brought the stuff to my home, including midi-cables, software and all the manuals. ;)

I think I got a good deal, but I have a question about the display of the cz101.

It's a bit dim and one or 2 lines of pixels are 'dead'. It's not a big deal to me, but I could of course replace the LCD couldn't I? It's a standard 16x2 character display I reckon, but I have never done such thing in my life. Anyone have done such a thing before? Anyone have any tips or things I should be looking for? What should I be looking for?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             15-Oct-03  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: CZ101 display help?

k

there ya go

Message 3/15             16-Oct-03  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: CZ101 display help?

Bastiaan

Thanks, what a kick as site. But I don't think I need a backlight, I need a new LCD (I think) -> some pixels are dead....(or a connector -> a whole line of pixels is dead.)

Message 4/15             16-Oct-03  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: CZ101 display help?

Bastiaan

I mailed those guys anyway and I got a very helpfull and friendly email back. Great to see such *free* service from companies. (!)

They told me that buying another CZ with a better display would be cheaper than trynig to purchase a new LCD for it though.  

Oh well...

Message 5/15             19-Oct-03  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: CZ101 display help?

k

Link?:  No link

oh... sorry to hear that - perhaps advertise for a CZ that's ed and rip the screen out? - they are so cheap tho.

Message 6/15             20-Oct-03  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: CZ101 display help?

Bastiaan

I think I'll just leave it at that and use it a mudule instead...the keys are too tiny for me anyway. ;)

Message 7/15             20-Oct-03  @  10:26 AM   -   RE: CZ101 display help?

k

well, as long as the display issue doesn't hinder editing, why not - I'd use it like that anyways.

Message 8/15             21-Oct-03  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: CZ101 display help?

Bastiaan

It's a great litle synth btw. I noticed some of the raw sounds sound *remarkebly* like the sounds from the Vl-tone.....perhaps a cut down version of phase dist. was used in the Vl-tone?

Message 9/15             21-Oct-03  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: CZ101 display help?

steve

is there something unique about the cz display then? farnell and that sell 2x16 lcds for €25 or so.

Message 10/15             21-Oct-03  @  03:38 PM   -   RE: CZ101 display help?

Bastiaan

Apparently there is(?)...I can get a generic 16x2 display for 15 euro or so...but I am not really an electronics wizzard....I'm not sure if I could replace the thing myself...  -> I would like to replace it with a backlit (red or blue!) if that would be possible...dont'know where to start though.

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)