aaa SONAR 3 is the sheeaaaat!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: SONAR 3 is the sheeaaaat!!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             04-Mar-04  @  02:59 AM   -   SONAR 3 is the sheeaaaat!!

roller8

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I just had to say it. However, I do miss the little things of Logic, like hitting ESC to bring up the toolbox right under the mouse and double hitting ESC to return to the pointer tool... and double-clicking the track view to insert an empty measure so you can go right to the piano roll or drum grid for creating. Or how about the intelligent way that Logic would cease to chase the Now Time Marker when you scrolled away from the Now Time so you can edit earlier or later while listening to the current? Sweet, logical.

But Sonar is the king of loop, time-stretching and all. The pattern brush in the drum grid is tight and MIDI clips are a huge time saver. And the loop explorer....

So there are trade offs. If Sonar could pick up some of the smaller workflow-smoothing tricks it would be king of all audio production suites.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             04-Mar-04  @  08:36 AM   -   RE: SONAR 3 is the sheeaaaat!!

k

Link?:  No link

yeah.... still waiting for sonar3, but they changed distributor and so far they didnt get it sorted out.

I agree, sonar (Based on V2 review) with just a few tweaks would be THE one

Message 3/12             04-Mar-04  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: SONAR 3 is the sheeaaaat!!

psylichon

Link?: Link

"and double-clicking the track view to insert an empty measure so you can go right to the piano roll or drum grid for creating."

What exactly are you asking for here? Because Sonar has ways to both insert blank measures, and open a blank midi piano roll for "painting" your music.

"Or how about the intelligent way that Logic would cease to chase the Now Time Marker when you scrolled away from the Now Time so you can edit earlier or later while listening to the current?"

Try hitting the scroll lock key, then your view will no longer scroll with the playback cursor. Booya.

Message 4/12             04-Mar-04  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: SONAR 3 is the sheeaaaat!!

k

yeah that's true, just right click anywhere in the arrange area with the track selected to enter piano roll edit

Message 5/12             05-Mar-04  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: SONAR 3 is the sheeaaaat!!

cydonia cell

Just hit alt-5 with the track selected and get piano roll... while it's playing... I'm still digging into S3 but it beats everything else I've used so far! Automated effects, groove looping that actually works... and much smoother loop transitions, no more quick envelopes to cover up clicks!!!

very nice product...it;s honestly the first bit of software to drag me back to computer based production in 5 years!

e

Message 6/12             11-Mar-04  @  04:15 AM   -   RE: SONAR 3 is the sheeaaaat!!

roller8

What page of the manual is this stuff on cuz I've seriously searched all over! Anyway, thanks for the heads up!

Message 7/12             24-Apr-04  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: SONAR 3 is the sheeaaaat!!

sitar

That's right. It does come with a manual doesn't it.

Message 8/12             24-Apr-04  @  10:25 AM   -   RE: SONAR 3 is the sheeaaaat!!

jaylee_carlisle

Does anybody know the actual history of Sonar, is it more than 4-5 years? I thought it came out before cakewalk 9.

Message 9/12             26-Apr-04  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: SONAR 3 is the sheeaaaat!!

k

it's about 4 years or so now... did cake 9 come after?... i cant remember, I think not, sonar was the 'next-gen' cakewalk product I think....

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/12             26-Apr-04  @  02:01 PM   -   RE: SONAR 3 is the sheeaaaat!!

craig

Cake 9 came before... 8-9-sonar1-sonar2-sonar3

I've been on Cake since 8.0

-Craig

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot