aaa ROLAND _SH101 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: ROLAND _SH101

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             05-Jul-04  @  11:22 PM   -   ROLAND _SH101      [Link: Roland - SH101]

globalpsychedelic

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i wanna by the sh 101 but i have a few questions befor im actualy paying for it:1-
can i sinc it like my other synths in q-bass for example ? i meen if i can actualy write the parts in the midi editor & get them in sync with the rest of the track ( vsti or virtual analog or both)? 2- is around 660 us$ for the synth& cv/midi convertor is the right price to pay for it? -3 does the juno106 is giving you around the same ?-4 can u get good tb303 style out of it? for anyone who answer this bunch of questions: many thanks;)_

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             06-Jul-04  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: ROLAND _SH101

k

Link?:  Link

1 - You can sync the sh101 with a midi clock to din-sync box - you can get it to respond to notes/pitch only with a midi/cv box which you say is included (should be MIDI to CV/Gate converter @ 1 volt/oct I think)

try looking at Kenton.co.uk for more on this sort of thing plus some of the regulars here know more about this stuff.

2. dunno for USA, but for uk it's a bit steep, unless the midi/cv unit is something flashy (also depends on 101's colour & is 'grip' included)

3. no, they are different

4. no, not really, it'll do a similar STYLE but doesn't sound the same at all - the mc202 is closer.

what make/model is the midi/cv unit?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/15             06-Jul-04  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: ROLAND _SH101

globalpsychedelic

hey there
thanxxx for the fast respond
the midi/cv unit is :
pro solo single channle midi-cv converter,
it dosent come with the neck & its a gray one.
i was wandering if u know if i can record knob mouvment via midi like in the juno 106& by the way , maybe u know if & where can i get the user manual for it .
thanks again

Message 4/15             06-Jul-04  @  03:08 AM   -   RE: ROLAND _SH101

chroma

1. you might want to check out a roland mpu101 midi-sync box...quite a bit cheaper than kenton units if you can find them

2. thats way too much man, unless its dead mint, with the mod grip, blue, one of those rare ones that stay in tune etc. but even then....

4. you can get pretty close to a 303 IMO, just dont use too much resonance....the mc202 has an identical synth engine to the 101 by the way, the difference is just in the sequencer which is what makes it closer to a 303 i guess

Message 5/15             06-Jul-04  @  06:59 PM   -   RE: ROLAND _SH101

k

you cant record or use automated 'knob movements' - it's not midi - it's old stylee... manipulate live in the final mix and record stuff as audio so it's captured as a file on an audio track, then mix it and render your final 'song audio file'

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/15             07-Jul-04  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: ROLAND _SH101

globalpsychedelic

helow again,

i got the device for a test at my studio, i wanna merry it...
seems that it all works just one last problem i got,
when i plug it to my mixer (line) i have to use the gain to allmost half way to get it to a recording level & it makes a strong hum noise of electricity i gues.
there is no tecnition i know that is willing to check out the device &i dont know if its the machine or another problem.
do u know if this is the nature of the device?
maybe a di box can solve it?
thanxxx for helping out.

Message 7/15             07-Jul-04  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: ROLAND _SH101

k

should be fine - try another lead - or better try the SAME lead, SAME mixer socket - different synth - is it ok?

then there's mebbe a problem with the line-out on the SH - you got it powered by what?... a converter DC supply - they are DC right not AC?

Message 8/15             07-Jul-04  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: ROLAND _SH101

Pongoid

Link?: Link

Get an Evolver.

Message 9/15             08-Jul-04  @  02:23 AM   -   RE: ROLAND _SH101

chroma

mine hums too, seems to be a common fault, but my levels are fine....so you did pay $600 for it? sheesh...

Message 10/15             08-Jul-04  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: ROLAND _SH101

j-type

i'd want it to have a bunch of mods fitted for that much.... ouch!

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot