aaa bunch of analog questions - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: bunch of analog questions

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             30-Aug-04  @  10:10 AM   -   bunch of analog questions

Chroma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

agh...i shouldnt have gone into that surplus shop...it saw me before i could get away...yamaha cs15...ever since i sold my 303 to XX theres been a hole in my soul ive been trying to fill with every cheap monosynth i run into...

question 1: could i possibly mod my roland mpu101 midi-cv convertor to spit out hertz to octave (it does volts per octave)?

question 2: maybe a modular will cure my itch? whats the cheapest way to get into modular? the doepfer stuff?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             30-Aug-04  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: bunch of analog questions

hakerman

Link?: Link

Chroma,

Paia sells a midi2cv kit, and they have an option listen for Volts/Hertz. Maybe that small board could be make to work with your roland, if you dont mind doing a bit of soldering. http://www.paia.com/midi2cv.htm

Modular setups are usually pretty $$$. You could go with doepher stuff, or you could also try www.synthesizers.com, their prices seem pretty reasonable and the modules look nicer in my opinion. On the cheap side there's also the Paia kit semi modular http://www.paia.com/p9700s.htm.

If you have money, then MOTM modules look high quality: http://www.synthtech.com/

I'm sure there are a few other choices, as I haven't looked at this stuff in a couple of years...

If you want to go soft, then there's always an option of picking up a s/h nord modular... but I take it you prefer the real thing.

Thomas

Message 3/14             30-Aug-04  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: bunch of analog questions

milan

get an ms20 plus a bunch of doepfer modules?   no idea if that works or not tho...

Message 4/14             31-Aug-04  @  01:40 AM   -   RE: bunch of analog questions

Chroma

thanks for your replies guys...

if i go for that paia kit ill just leave welll enough alone and use it stand alone, my soldering skills are a bit lacking. i just considered modding so i could avoid having to carry another box...

no nord modular for me but its not a soft vs hard thing, i just want something i can mess with after dinner, my version of puttering around in my workshop

Message 5/14             01-Sep-04  @  02:12 AM   -   RE: bunch of analog questions

nutoniom

question 1: could i possibly mod my roland mpu101 midi-cv convertor to spit out hertz to octave (it does volts per octave)?

the doepfer mcv4 does both, if that's any help

Message 6/14             02-Sep-04  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: bunch of analog questions

Chroma

yes ive seen that mcv4, might not need it now though that cs15 looks really beat up

Message 7/14             02-Sep-04  @  02:59 AM     Edit: 02-Sep-04  |  03:00 AM   -   RE: bunch of analog questions

Chroma

double post

Message 8/14             02-Sep-04  @  03:39 AM   -   RE: bunch of analog questions

nutoniom

does it emits ?

"Get a %!&* sampler!!"

couldn't resist

but yeah, mcv4 is pricey if that's all you need it for.

Message 9/14             02-Sep-04  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: bunch of analog questions

Chroma

it emitted a cloud of dust and a few spiders when i popped the back...

Message 10/14             29-Nov-04  @  05:49 PM   -   RE: bunch of analog questions

Jack

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot