aaa sonar4 review - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: sonar4 review

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             27-Sep-04  @  03:51 PM     Edit: 27-Sep-04  |  03:54 PM   -   sonar4 review

L$8

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

There's a review here:
http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/files/sonar4

Must say, navigator thing looks pretty cool

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             30-Sep-04  @  05:18 AM   -   RE: sonar4 review

roller8

Link?:  Link

oops, just posted a note about this review in the main forum... doh!

Message 3/15             18-Nov-04  @  06:46 AM   -   RE: sonar4 review

Garuna

Link?: Link

I like the navigator tool, but so far Sonar 4 feels to me like a bug fix of Sonar 3. There are the new surround plugs of course, but aren't they mostly for film? Some editing has been made easier in 4. Easier on the CPU. So far so good.

Hey Dave, tried sending you an e-mail and it bounced. Change of address?

Message 4/15             18-Nov-04  @  07:11 AM   -   RE: sonar4 review

k

cheeky! - looks like they pinched that 'song view' thing from cubase

well it all looks great especialy the ability to in essense, use folder tracks as a sort of 'sub-group' and apply mutes to ALL content tracks within

I wonder if it now runs lighter using ASIO ONLY.... my biggest issue with SONAR besides the way it splits midi & instrument apart on different tracks, was that it always seemed unable to give the same power-to-weight ratio as other sequencers

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/15             18-Nov-04  @  08:18 AM   -   RE: sonar4 review

k

er.... whats that green flag thing that keeps on setting itself randomly to a position and starting play at the wrong place? i cant seem to control it or remove it - if i right click on the arrange-page to open the piano roll that green marker thing sets itself wherever i happen to right click

then when i am inside the piano roll, there it is in a random position

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!.... The video window cant be ALWAYS ON TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

argggghhhhhh!!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/15             18-Nov-04  @  02:01 PM   -   RE: sonar4 review

craig

My copy should be here today  

Message 7/15             18-Nov-04  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: sonar4 review

k

heh - whoops, apparently it CAN be on top... er

Message 8/15             19-Nov-04  @  01:52 AM   -   RE: sonar4 review

Garuna

k - at work now so don't have it front of me but.... the green flag stays, however you can easily stop it from rewinding to the flag, i think it's in Global, and unclick "Always rewind back to flag/marker" (can't remember the word for it). Sorry I can't be more specific.

Message 9/15             19-Nov-04  @  04:38 AM   -   RE: sonar4 review

psylichon

it is the playback start indicator, and yes it will stay put unless you uncheck the second to last tick in global options. If that is unchecked, it will jump to wherever you stop playback. What I want is a hotkey to switch it on and off... both states definitely have their uses when editing.

Message 10/15             19-Nov-04  @  10:22 AM   -   RE: sonar4 review

k

ok - the other thing is, i used ASIO rather than wdm, and sonar still seems very greedy compared to logic or SX... i wonder why that is

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)