aaa Logic Audio Peak Problem - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic Audio Peak Problem

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/27             24-Sep-05  @  05:09 PM   -   Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello Can Anyone give me some solutions...

I Got Problem with Logic 5.5...when i'm listening my song, And watch AUDIO PERFORMANCE meter CPU Audio Is Peaking ,But Disc I/0 is Only 5-10% , So What Can I Do To Increase My AUDIO and Not Peaking..

I've Got WIN XP AMD 3500+ With 2GT ram Memory And For souncard i use M-AUDIO FireWire 410

Thanx Foreward

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/27             25-Sep-05  @  03:08 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

beds

Link?: Link

one of the reasons i stopped using logic was because of this; upgraded the computer and the cpu meter was jumping all over, then couldn't record audio without glitches, i guessed it was lack of updated code for logic. how old is 5.5.1 now?

milan? when i had this jumping cpu spike problem, milan didn't seem to have it. maybe that was because he's a l.o.s.e.r. ;)

Message 3/27             25-Sep-05  @  04:24 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

yeah I Got 5.5.0 Version....So I Should Start To Look New Sequencer....Like Cubase Or Something...'Cause After All I'll Still Be Using PC
Thanx Anyway

Message 4/27             25-Sep-05  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

milan

beds?

no, i didnt seem to have this same problem, tho i hear there are possible problems with newer s/w, as you say.

then again, i run an older machine and older plugs... no convolution for me. well, maybe just a little ;)

Message 5/27             25-Sep-05  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

milan

oh btw... mr. pochahontes, you didnt say if you were running a gazzilion tracks/plugs/instruments in that song, or just a few?

Message 6/27             26-Sep-05  @  09:01 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

k

Link?:  Link

yeah what r u running, but, i do find logic likes the processor scheduling in - windows control panel/system/advanced/performance/advanced - to be set to background services

otherwise make sure the correct asio driver is being used in the asio driver slot in audio hardware driver tab2, dont use the PCAV driver slot in audio hardware driver tab1.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/27             26-Sep-05  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

well...yeah i do use plenty of plug ins...but sometimes it's work just fine....

i'am more interested about what to do , 'cause only the audio meter is peaking , about 90+...and Disc I/0 is ok..only 10 or 15 per cent..so do i need more ram memory or what...to gain my situation.

i'm just hangin' around here

Message 8/27             26-Sep-05  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

k

Link?:  Link

what about the driver? is it setup properly in the right slot in Logic? - what's your latency set to

also WHAT plugins?... some really guzzle cpu like NI's guitar rig or covolution verbs etc

2gb is plenty memory

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/27             27-Sep-05  @  03:35 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

mr_pocahontas

Well...Guitar Rig On 5 Tracks...It's Maybe Better Bounce Those To WAV-Files ? , in That Way It Should Eat Less CPU...? A'm I Right? And Keep One Backup Save If I Wanna Later Change Some Of Those Guitar Tones....

Then I Got Atmosphere Plug In...Looks Like It Love To Eat Some RAM too....

Broomstick Bass , And a Artist Drums For Drums....Then I Got Some Effects On BUS , For My Vocals...I Guess...I gotta Do Some BOUNCING here?

Drivers Set-Up Looks OK.... i Use 44100 hz , Process Buffer Range is JUMBO...

Thank u Mister K to Helping Me

Message 10/27             27-Sep-05  @  08:42 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Peak Problem

milan

aha... well ok. a) those are some hungru plugins, and b) setting the buffer to JUMBO will make Logic reserve a LOT of the cpu cycles for itself. so it shouldnt be surprising that its peaking.

and the disk i/o is low because you arent reading many audio files from the hard disk. its all processor load from the virtual instruments being calculated in real time. get it?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot