aaa Knowing - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Knowing

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16             02-Nov-05  @  10:48 PM     Edit: 06-Nov-05  |  07:28 PM   -   Knowing

mr.me

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

More structure now, comments appreciated.

Knowing

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             03-Nov-05  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: Knowing

mr.me

Yeah, I'm thinking a bit too much experimenting with this one. I thinks it's going to the can, too M. Manson sounding.

Message 3/16             03-Nov-05  @  03:26 PM   -   RE: Knowing

k

Link?:  Link

hmm... heavy funkness with a jazz edge...... yeah, i like it, but i think productionwise, i'd add something to emphasise a 'chorus' in there otherwise it's in danger of being "the same all the way thru", and the golder rule of production is, "dont give them everything at once", hold something back for later

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/16             03-Nov-05  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: Knowing

mr.me

k wrote:

hmm... heavy funkness with a jazz edge...... yeah, i like it, but i think productionwise, id add something to emphasise a chorus in there otherwise its in danger of being the same all the way thru, and the golder rule of production is, dont give them everything at once, hold something back for later

I just uploaded a new version, hope you check it out?

Dropped the guitar, added an organ, moved some things around, added some more vocals and a scratching section.

I'm much happier with it!

Message 5/16             06-Nov-05  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: Knowing

mr.me

Anybody want to comment on the structure of the new version?

Message 6/16             07-Nov-05  @  01:52 AM   -   RE: Knowing

k

not sure, for me it all comes in too quick, too confused, nothing locks me down to the groove before the vocal arrives cos it's busy changing all the time.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/16             07-Nov-05  @  01:55 AM   -   RE: Knowing

k

personaly i'd start it with the riff which appears at 26 seconds, filter that around for 16 bars & then ease the vocal in - i wouldnt drop the kit in till the second verse/cycle of vocals... ro somethimg like that, i';d have to try it and fiddle

Message 8/16             07-Nov-05  @  08:55 PM   -   RE: Knowing

mr.me

I definately agree.

Message 9/16             15-Nov-05  @  03:37 AM   -   RE: Knowing

Garuna

Interesting vocals. But yeah, the track should build up to the vox part and be in that mood.... in fact take out the intro Hey bit completely.... and save the following 2nd riff for later.

Message 10/16             15-Nov-05  @  12:33 PM   -   RE: Knowing

k

bit hard to tell cos there's no previous version to play & compare... i seem to remember the first version was more funky at the intro

???

wasn't there a guitar riff?

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)