aaa new mcc> cLowNsiTTers track - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: new mcc> cLowNsiTTers track

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19             12-Dec-05  @  05:38 PM   -   new mcc> cLowNsiTTers track

mcc>

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

it's amazing what we'll kow-tow and cater to.....and to what extent.
i think lenny bruce and richard pryor would agree...no doubt the python.
before my first announcement got deleted (k...you kill me but thanks for everything else)
and just so few are left in the dark as to what the feedback was saayying....
maarten (besides laughing at my 2nd-mouse impersonation) had said my buzzy-synth irritated him...too much noise!!!!
it's funny because that's my favorite part.
my hats are a little in your face but that's part of my aesthetic and manner.
this is not kick-back and chill and enjoy yourself music.
but definitely enjoy yourself.

http://www.7161.com/track.cfm?track__dt_track_id=8739&user=2829&carrywith=&music_group=1

we goT noTHinG moRe ThaN wOt we nEEd

milan...i appreciate your wanting to see me banned.
sometimes feelings run deep.
but that's okay...it's part of life....as is expression.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             12-Dec-05  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: new mcc> cLowNsiTTers track

mcc>

and yet i should also perhaps warn you that flying that hammer-and-sickle of yours while trying to ban things and individuals and their expressions comes off as rather stalinistic.
wasn't it he?....via THAT very symbol> that executed like a million or 2 of his own countrymen and women and children to bring about a more perfect society?

you once called me the devil's advocate...and for sure i will advocate but i doubt it's the devil for whom i speak....though it might be....if you want to believe in that sort of stuff.

now is this a forum or what?
or are the police going to destroy the evidence again?

Message 3/19             12-Dec-05  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: new mcc> cLowNsiTTers track

milan

hell yeah... its off to siberia with you!!!

well, i thought you were being a bit of a tosser attacking some poor kid new to this forum. that was pretty low. wasnt it? and that'd get you warned or banned on other forums too.

thats all.

Message 4/19             13-Dec-05  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: new mcc> cLowNsiTTers track

mcc>

i think any little prick who's got a couple decent tracks but doesn't bother
to introduce himself or his work but >
threatens that site that it's "number shall dwindle" for having not reviewed his work......well....
to me it's embarassing to see ourselves grovel and explain to what extent and manner such wank is probably better off being at THOSE "no-problem sites" of his.
if he's got any balls he'll stick around....BUT i wrote a nice review for him and e-mailed him that i did so...and well....no response in 3 days so i'm guessing he's everyhting he's accused us of being.
it blows me away how often k tries to accomodate these newbies by providing reviews of their tracks (and showing a degree of warmth) and yet they never stick around....as it's my feeling they never had much to offer anyway.
it took k close to 50 songs of mine before he chimed a comment.....and i stuck around.
no threats...just more and more tracks...plus commentary to boot.
we are not a no-problem site.
we are often cold unaffected evasive non-present lazy...suffering from constipation of personality inspiration and creative energy.
the rest of the time we're simply ill-mannered......or asleep....or stoned.

i know it appears as if all i want to do is belittle folks here and particularly...i'd love a few seriously
civil but non-evasive rounds with k himself as to how specifically we could improve this site.
all i know is sitar's jokes make me laugh occasionally (though i don't know why)...and i could give a fuck about footie.
i heard this site was about music and and AND the people who have the balls energy and desire to make it...and share it....free from coca-cola industry....mtv panty-commercials....acid-pro....
and make it honest and make it
....ummmm....okay...i'll pick electronic for 60.

brand me criminal or insane....or both.
my money's still on me....as will be my my my mouth.
thanks for the listens and comments.

Message 5/19             13-Dec-05  @  01:04 AM   -   RE: new mcc> cLowNsiTTers track

mcc>

and thanks again to team dancetech for having fathered and maintained this unique place....in a world of so much banality and fluff.

mancalledclay aka> cLoWNsiTTERz

Message 6/19             13-Dec-05  @  07:13 AM   -   RE: new mcc> cLowNsiTTers track

mcc>

why does ambient noise generator sound like xoxos?
that simplicity of youth song is a nice way to end the day.
the man rarely asked for our opinions of his work....and yet he did like to yell in the most foreign of tongues.
he was a giver.

it's good to feel the presence.

good night all.

Message 7/19             13-Dec-05  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: new mcc> cLowNsiTTers track

k

Link?:  Link

the thread was deleted cos it imitated another user, and frankly I'm getting tired of this bullshit. This space was setup as a SECTION of DT. It works, it's free, it's way better facilties than most other sites provide, and that's that... This site does other things, and whereas most music sites the owners spend their time running around promoting the music site we do other syuff like delivering videos etc.

The space is there, if people want to use do so, if they dont, don't. Im fed up with the site being discussed in terms of how busy the forum is, Forum's are not a measure of traffic or rankings.

I mean Jesus man, about 4 or 5 months back I had the editor of Future Music on the phone just to say how good DT was compared to FM's site!... he's since left FM mag as I understand it   - we've had 4 artist signups to the site since this morning, and that's average.... people always signup day in day out. We get decent traffic. example: I saw some link to a free plugin on CM/FM forums and mailed the guy saying we had posted his plugin on our site. He wrote back to say that in the previous month he'd had about 30 downloads and since we posted it he'd had hundreds of downloads within a week or so. The SX video's are well appreciated, i've had several emails from people saying the vid's are better than several SX-Tutorial DVD's they'd bought for a minimum $50 bucks each... we just try and do stuff as we can, and we do more than provide webspace for musicians

I personaly dont have time to worry about wether the forum has a happy gang of campers on it all day long. Sure, it's be nice to have more people chatting, but...i dont have time to worry about it.

Our moves next is to bring online the server-space upgrades... I've been doing some calculations, and actualy i think we can offer a larger space to the first 100 members as a bonus & run it like a co-op 'members club' sharing a server for themselves.

After that we will do more stuff to enhance the music signups which I aint saying what it is here.

again, people are quite free to go and use Myspace or whatever and get only 4 song slots, a page riddled in cheezy adverts for crap, and wait a week just to be able to post a track even...... if they want to do that fine, it's a free world and this is just a site which offers free streaming facilities without the cludge & advertising as part of the site.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/19             13-Dec-05  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: new mcc> cLowNsiTTers track

k

the top 'plays' tune on 7161 has had 30,323 plays btw - the track was added on 20th April this year

this begs the question for all artists on the www... what r u doing to promote yourself out there? - they obviously ARE, and the fact that you CAN stream 7161/dancetech tracks direct from links on the www or from links in emails helps alot once you go out and actualy do some promotion!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/19             13-Dec-05  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: new mcc> cLowNsiTTers track

mcc>

2 nights ago i listened to a mancalledclay podcast and was very moved.
i'm not sure it was a podcast in the correct sense...ie no announcements etc... but it was through my i-tunes podacst service.
it was ultra-clear...no streaming interuptions...all except the last 2 songs being way louder than the rest....
i was very pleased and impressed.
we've come along way...you having pioneered and paved the way.
i've done about all the street-level promotion i'm ever gonna do....seriously.
i'm really not interested in those that i have to do my sandwich board thing to.....i've been there.
i do believe in the power of the internet and personality.
i know mine sucks but so did hunter thompson's.....which is why i rarely drink anymore.
but he had to deal with the minions.
notwithstanding the fact that the clownsitters tune is near the top 100 of a 1000+ place chart with heavy traffic....it was at 58 yesterday.

thanks k.....you're a real soldier....and lighthouse-keeper....no joke.
much indebtedness despite our differences.

gotta run make money.

Message 10/19             13-Dec-05  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: new mcc> cLowNsiTTers track

k

i dunno, if you look at the 10 latest added tracks on the site in dance genre, i dunno those people, they aren't on the forum... do they need to be?.. not really

the other thing is, if you go to myspace and actualy check the system, you're gonna be lost in a sea of people. The top artist in 'rock' genre is some girl doing loungerie shots who's copy-able promo banner is a bloody banner-advert for a clothes company! *sigh*

it's got about as much to do with rock music as Kerrang/NME.... the rest of it is Block Party and other tripe.

i mean it is very hard to see variety and NOT to see the massively hyped artists & signed artists due to the search system which insists on showing songs by everything 'rank' wise so you cant get presented with new tunes as far as I can see. The systenm wants to show you ranked artists always... or did I miss something?.

what I mean is, if i got to an unsigned site i DON'T want to open it & initialy see fucking Beck, Bloc Party & Babyshambles!!!... that's the same old bollockwash one is trying to avoid in the first place!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot