aaa LOGIC - Input Monitoring - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: LOGIC - Input Monitoring

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             13-Dec-05  @  05:24 PM   -   LOGIC - Input Monitoring

flavo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Thanks for the article Automation...
In logic I wanna play my expression pedal (CC for wah)to control the plug-in parameter of Guitar Rig (it has a learn function) while playing guitar. I cant sent external CC (midi) in realtime to an audio object. I tried to cable everything but it doesnt work.
Thanks in advance!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             14-Dec-05  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: LOGIC - Input Monitoring

beds

Link?: Link

can't help, but where did you get a midi out expression pedal?

Message 3/14             14-Dec-05  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: LOGIC - Input Monitoring

k

Link?:  Link

good point

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/14             14-Dec-05  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: LOGIC - Input Monitoring

flavo

HI,
Sorry for the confusion!
I use a Roland EV5 conected directly in my Motu MidiTimePiece to send the CCs.
The good news are that now I can control the parameters of Guitar Rig in Realtime but my sustem becames instable. In some presets it worked very well (but the wahs can sounds better) but in others presets the parameters of wah becames slowly and erratic with no sound. If I sait a little I can choose a unbugged preset and play again..
In Logic you cant send Midi from external sources if it is an audio object (no cables)
You have to call the plugin like a VSTI and the in the corner of the plugin we can see a Side Chain and now we can choose an inpu or track in (WARNING: mute the outpuT until you choose the soouce)
Thanks for attention

Message 5/14             15-Dec-05  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: LOGIC - Input Monitoring

psylichon

Link?: Link

I don't use logic, but I have two expression pedals that I use with Sonar and I notice that the throw they deliver isn't necessarily linear or similar between the two at all. In fact, my cheap plastic Korg pedal seems to have very little resolution in the upper end of its range. it like jumps from 80-127 very quickly before it even reaches the top. Random data can also occur (i.e. jumpiness). My big rubber Yamaha usually fares better.

The point is, have you tried any other pedals? Or perhaps you could tweak the "ballistics" of yours somehow.

This may not be your issue at all so make sure before you get out the screwdriver.

You could also purchase Guitar Rig and you get a dedicated pedalboard, no?

Message 6/14             15-Dec-05  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: LOGIC - Input Monitoring

k

well mebbe your system is just too slow - Guitar Rig is very CPU hungry

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/14             15-Dec-05  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: LOGIC - Input Monitoring

flavo

Hi,
I can optimize the curve of my pedal by the Motu MTP, but it doesnt work well as my old Dunlop CryBaby, seams like a Q with short range
The jumpness occurs but an interest thing occurs when I use the mouse to control Wah parameters: it works very well!
Maybe its a Logic Bug and I must to face the SX or the new Sonar.
Hugs and Thanks

Message 8/14             15-Dec-05  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: LOGIC - Input Monitoring

k

mebbe there's a midi loop from the controller pedal?

Message 9/14             15-Dec-05  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: LOGIC - Input Monitoring

k

what happens if you try controlling the whah from say your MOD WHEEL on a synth/keyboard?

Message 10/14             15-Dec-05  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: LOGIC - Input Monitoring

flavo

With mod wheel occurs the same!
I will try to control the function without the learn funcion.
I must say that i have a really bad guy with lots of realtime buttons called Korg Z1, but I turn it off to do the GT tests.
HUGS from Brazil!

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)