aaa Absorb Fish - Happiness Lies - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Absorb Fish - Happiness Lies

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             10-Jan-06  @  04:36 AM     Edit: 11-Jan-06  |  02:13 PM   -   Absorb Fish - Happiness Lies

Absorb Fish

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey guys, brand new tune up! It's kinda Ambient Breakbeats i guess - tiny bit of 8-bit/lofi in there too. Oh and it has an acid line too  .

called "Happiness Lies"

Check out if you want to!

the song

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             11-Jan-06  @  09:09 AM   -   RE: Absorb Fish - Happiness Lies

Rags aka. Welder

Pros:

Nice, sad creepiness. Reminds me of how I hate people sometimes   Acid line bites, gooood! Adds agressivity. Great fucked-up rhythm. I love that rude FM-ish lead at the end that tells me how fucked up life is  

Cons:

Maybe it’s a prerequisite in this genre, but those high frequencies sound awfully loud to me....

Message 3/15             11-Jan-06  @  01:56 PM   -   RE: Absorb Fish - Happiness Lies

Absorb Fish

hey rags thanks for listening  
i'm not sure if it's a prequisite in the genre or anything but i usually like hi-freq sounds i'm not sure why. I'm gonna try to bring that subbassdrum kick higher though to fill up the middle a little bit.

Message 4/15             11-Jan-06  @  02:45 PM   -   RE: Absorb Fish - Happiness Lies

Rags aka. Welder

Hell, don't worry too much about those freq's, maybe its just my headphones (AKG K-171).

Message 5/15             11-Jan-06  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: Absorb Fish - Happiness Lies

k

Link?:  Link

Hi... I spent ALOT of time listening to it last night - even spent about 2 hours remixing it, in terms of structure & eq

it's quite harsh in the 2-3k midrange, and i found the structure was throwing me in places cos bars weren't resolving to 8's and 16 cycles... otherwise, very good!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/15             11-Jan-06  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: Absorb Fish - Happiness Lies

Absorb Fish

wow! why thanks K. is there a way i can hear the eq'd version?
as for it being hard to break down to 8-16 bar sections, i'm not sure why? the drum goes on to 4bars max variation for the main drums - the hats too. the main flute section goes 32 bars. the bass is 4 bars i think until the breakdown where i automated it - which goes about 160 bars (the acidy part).

the only main difference i think i'd realy like to do to this is fill in the mid-sounds a bit more.

Message 7/15             11-Jan-06  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: Absorb Fish - Happiness Lies

k

there's a couple of bits where it goes out of sync if you're grooving along and expecting a change at 8's and 16's... can't remember where right now.

yeah!... the lead at the end is awesome!.. jazzy!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/15             14-Jan-06  @  03:09 AM   -   RE: Absorb Fish - Happiness Lies

nutoniom

Oh sweet

Message 9/15             14-Jan-06  @  03:48 AM   -   RE: Absorb Fish - Happiness Lies

k

http://www.7161.com/streamer.cfm?filename_audio=DT_ACF2E27461480.mp3&dt_track_id=8962

i just set an eq i liked fior the cans, but cant get rid of the very gravely gritty drum harsness, this is a bit flat around 3-5k, but i found it softer, the second half of the thing is just the bit's bolted onto the end, didnt have time to mess with the linear sequence much

Message 10/15             16-Jan-06  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: Absorb Fish - Happiness Lies

Absorb Fish

hey k, thanks for the time. I like how the delayed clanks sound now actually in the background. But to me the main drums sounded kinda muffled in this version.

But listening to your mix, i started hearing something in my mix that i didn't really catch much until now. There's a weird (and kinda annoying feedback) coming from the delayed clanking sounds - i'm gonna try to get rid of that.

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)