aaa Jack and the... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Jack and the...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             11-Jan-06  @  09:17 AM     Edit: 26-Mar-06  |  02:48 PM   -   Jack and the...

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Actually I think I need other ears to listen and comment this time. I know it misses some drums, proper arrangement and lots of other things, or it could be the case that the whole thing absolutely sucks. I don't know, I like what I hear and at the same time I don't.

Thanks,
Rags

Hey, it's finished...! well... it won't get better I suppose!

listen to me

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             11-Jan-06  @  02:03 PM     Edit: 11-Jan-06  |  02:04 PM   -   RE: Jack and the...

Absorb Fish

kewl track. I like how the the beats are resonating a buzz sound. I think the vox volume is mixed a bit high though (maybe it's just me but the tings would sound better somewhere on the same level as the vox.). I think like a breakdown of some sort might also do the song some justice. Like one that does a slight changeup. It's only 3 mins anyhow, could definately be extended.

Message 3/15             11-Jan-06  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: Jack and the...

Rags aka. Welder

Yeah, its more like a sketch, not a proper arrangement and it has been mixed via headphones. It's just my first try to put together something that has vocals, and at the same time: those vocals are synthesized. So there are quite some new things I am not experienced with and so I am here for opinions how to improve, or start again

Thanks for listening!

Message 4/15             13-Jan-06  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: Jack and the...

SDUB

i like the soundscape you have created..very eerie and yet hopeful

i like the idea of the beat...i just want it to explode...but thats just me...

Message 5/15             13-Jan-06  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: Jack and the...

k

Link?:  Link

and the...... giant dildo!!!!!

??

no?...

and the...... Beanstalk!!!!!!!!!!

?... no?

i gotta do this tomorrow

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/15             14-Jan-06  @  02:24 AM   -   RE: Jack and the...

k

GREAT beat/sounds, love the subtle detuning of the analog tom/kik whatever it is. I think it needs something introducing into it extra, it kinda gets going and doesnt alter much along it's length. Not sure about the vocal too. it comes in really sweet & sour and i love that, but when the vocal comes in i wonder why repeat a cycle again, and again, it's like getting a song going and bolting 4 chorus's together endlessly... break it up or it just goes on and on and the vocal no longer has the fairlytale book sound due to lack of contrast & over-exposure mebbe?... dont introduce & repeat the hook melody again & again or you'll kill it!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/15             14-Jan-06  @  02:59 AM   -   RE: Jack and the...

nutoniom

Wow, so.... you started taking weird drugs then ? it's weird allright. really like the swept nasally thinghie. eeerie shit. like the pinched string thing too.

i wouldn't know what else to say. i'm destabilised.

Message 8/15             14-Jan-06  @  03:59 AM   -   RE: Jack and the...

k

i like it tho, dont get me wrong, but...

Message 9/15             14-Jan-06  @  12:57 PM     Edit: 14-Jan-06  |  12:59 PM   -   RE: Jack and the...

Rags aka. Welder

k wrote:

and the...... giant dildo!!!!!

??

no?...

and the...... Beanstalk!!!!!!!!!!

?... no?

i gotta do this tomorrow

LOL!

But you're absolutely right with the vocal thing, i'll probably need to extend this main theme lyrics-wise so it doesn't 'loop' and I need a new section... some kind of verse...

Damn, its hard work to make nice melody with the right lyrics, and at the end no--one can understand a word

SDUB@SLOWORM.COM wrote:

i like the soundscape you have created..very eerie and yet hopeful

i like the idea of the beat...i just want it to explode...but thats just me...

Usually I can't resist to put that distorted HC drumsound in somehow, so chances are high that it will explode

nutoniom wrote:

Wow, so.... you started taking weird drugs then ?

yeah, my brain produices pretty weird drugs these days ..

Thanks all, for the listen and the help (AND the compliments). Let's se what I can come up with...

Message 10/15             16-Jan-06  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: Jack and the...

lucidskies

now thats some triptastic stuff! that voice geeks me out.
You've got a good thing going here, like you said tho, it lacks in a few things. Really just arrange
it carefully (as to not repeat too much) and you shjould be golden.
I rather like the minimal drums so far

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)