aaa some industrial tracks... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: some industrial tracks...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             14-May-06  @  09:41 PM     Edit: 14-May-06  |  09:58 PM   -   some industrial tracks...

Sin

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Here's some industrial tracks I've been working on...
Let me know what you think... www.myspace.com/agitpropmusic

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             15-May-06  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: some industrial tracks...

nutoniom

sorry, i boycott myspace. it's ugly and the streaming is awful. post it here.

Message 3/12             15-May-06  @  05:59 AM     Edit: 15-May-06  |  06:17 AM   -   RE: some industrial tracks...

Sin

tried posting it here but the file's too big...
www.soundclick.com/agitprop

Message 4/12             15-May-06  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: some industrial tracks...

k

Link?:  Link

how can it be too big?... on Myspace the tracks sound like mono 24kb... lifeless flat and undynamic with no freq range at all. How big and what bandwidth is the original file cos surely that cant be it on myspace is it? doesnt the myspace player downsample files or something?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/12             15-May-06  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: some industrial tracks...

nutoniom

Sin wrote:

tried posting it here but the files too big...

too big ? how long is it ?

Message 6/12             15-May-06  @  07:06 PM   -   RE: some industrial tracks...

Sin

the file is at 128, it's about 4 megs, loads up fine on myspace and soundclick...

Message 7/12             15-May-06  @  09:21 PM   -   RE: some industrial tracks...

Rags .aka. Welder

HEy, do not post it in the forum then

Go to your admin, add new track, add a title, upload mp3. By registering you got 50 MBytes to upload songs,and a lot of other free stuff as well.

Message 8/12             16-May-06  @  03:02 AM   -   RE: some industrial tracks...

nutoniom

click "music" :it's always located under the CH of DANCETECH, new window will appear.

click "my admin" : will lead you to : your log on, if not already.

drop down menu, next to ADMIN: (it's big, you should find it) select "My online track- Add new track"

choose a name for the track and enter on this new page that popped-up.

click submit

now scroll down to "Browse and select an .MP3 from your hard drive:

this will pop-up a file search window (that's your computer, you're on your own here, search through your mess and find that elusive .MP3. select it and click open).

Now scroll down to track edit- details section

enter appropriate details there, like song title, if you're somewhat unsure about how you named it in the first place, and how long it lasts. make sure to use a dot to separate minutes from second. i know it's all relative, but the server doesn't know that.

now, if you are so inclined, you can add an image to illustrate your creation.
click on "No Track Image" image. a new window will pop-up. the procedure here strangely ressembles the one you had to go through earlier to find you .Mp3. focus and try to recreate the chain of actions.

click "submit" when your done and presto! your brought back to where you were. cool hun ?

now scroll down a little more to Copyright info, and enter there whatever it is you want there.

scroll some more (i know, that's a lot of scrolling)

Now you get to a funny part: Track Flava:

either carefully select your Track Flava, because you know what it's all about, or frenitically check everything (this way you'll pop-up in every genre, when some unexpected punter searches for that massive 'i can't fell my eyes' piece.

by the way, this is allowed: [You can associate a track with multiple genre's !!]
frankly, we don't really care about genres, no really, we don't.

now scroll alittle more to "Track details" ( i know, it's getting tedious by now, what can i say, try chess then)

here you enter a quickie description of your track. again here, your on your own. you could write a little ode to your magnificience and how it's just pure bliss and all. i don't know. be creative, but short.

Now down to Track tech details:. wow, now we're talking. here's where you tell us all about HOW it's been down, all the esoteric gear used in all novel ways and stuff. we want to know EVERYTHING. every 3 db nudge, the compression ratio on that kick. what kind of midi leads you used. EVERYTHING. we're gear whores, just like you. If you used a computer. just write "computer" and forget about it.

now scroll down (it's the last time, promised. go, you can do it!)

there you are, the promised button, the green light to instant stardom, the holy grail of underground electronic music: the update track button, it's big, it's green, you can't miss it.

press and go walk the dog or something. whatever you do, don't touch anything. wait for the electrons to do their magic.

your done. incredible. you are here. now. amazing innit ?

note: make sure it's an actual .Mp3, and that it's encoded to 128 kb 44 100khz for best results.

if i can upload a track, anyone can.

Message 9/12             16-May-06  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: some industrial tracks...

k

Link?:  Link

well if it's only 4mb, it does fit here cos the max filesize here is 10mb

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/12             18-May-06  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: some industrial tracks...

SDUB

mystery babylon is a bit hectic and fast to really feel it at all....not too keen on that one.

the final solution sounds like mystery babylon, just down in key....the drums are really thin and weak...not liking on this one either.

holocaust is alright, though the beats are really weak and thin...

mind control is weird in the synth interaction with the rest of the elements, beat again is very weak and uninspiring...

9-11 your beat is a little fatter, and hits better...so far your best song out of the bunch

firestorm....snare is killing it for me...like a hard edged 80's song...but with less appeal...

planet vampire is cool so far, it has good energy, even though the synths are a bit jagged..voice stabs are ok

urban combat juno reactorish meets amateur beats and less than inspiring beats....

thats all for now, listening to your songs is hard, because once you have heard one you heard em all....trying varying up your sound pallette and incorporate some beefy beats, get some low end in there, slow it down a tad to really get your point across...

peace

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)