aaa 7161 streamlined a bit... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 7161 streamlined a bit...

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             03-Jul-06  @  11:45 AM   -   7161 streamlined a bit...

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

yeah as u can see, it's been trimmed down to make sections load faster... hope this makes things a bit easier

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             03-Jul-06  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

milan

Link?: Link

lookin good!

Message 3/21             03-Jul-06  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

k

cheers. i might move the track and artist displays down below the red 'browse' line so the icon menu's remain constant, dunno... really it needs a whole new design mebbe

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/21             03-Jul-06  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

Rags .aka. Welder

Dunno... I kinda liked the old one better, where I had all the stuff on one screen,

Also, those buttons are quite big, they take up almost 1/4th of the top of the screen. I also liked those three random tracks on top...

Message 5/21             03-Jul-06  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

nutoniom

i liked the old one better too

WE FEAR CHANGE

but really, liked too have the chart on the first page, and yes those buttons are too big.

Message 6/21             03-Jul-06  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

k

well it was a question of resources. The old frontpage loaded 8 hardcore queries simultaneously, Zazza asked me to sort it out... we already maxed out our bandwidth on that liquidmix video which (being a world exlusive) has been d/loaded so many times it guzzled up tons....

I've got 2 new video ready to upload since last week for July and cant add them cos there's no bandwidth..

one is a 45 minute full-on example of split console mixer theory, how it works, showing a split console in operation and all that. (to be followed by an 'In-Line' console in the next episode)

The other is the BFD and V-drums in combi working together video - thanx to Sox for that btw... we finaly got it done  

we're geting a big free pipe from NTL in a few weeks, until then I need some server space and bandwidth to add a few videos if anyones got any?

so guys, y'know.... no-one hardly supports the site anymore except newcomers who use the site but dont post cos there's no community as far as they can see to join in with... so we gotta do what's best for the site... after all to see the chart all u gotta do is press the chart icon/image.  

Message 7/21             03-Jul-06  @  10:43 PM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

k

oh, and that's not meant to sound cranky, what i mean is if the forums were a community again more as a proportion of our traffic which is still good, and proportionate to the people who signup all the time it should be big as it ever was, but no-one wants to go onto the water first so to speak, they see no regular lragish community and hence think there's nothing in THAT way to join in with, it's silly cos typing free music hosting or whatever into google returns HIGH goggle (no1 in Uk results even!) if there was that same base of people as before it would grow like fuck based on google and traffic... or should

people use the facilities tho, it's just the forums/regular community

Message 8/21             04-Jul-06  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

Musineer Productions

Well I like it.

Easy to navigate, though the three 'types' of music buttons might be missed by bleary eyed folk.

I agree with Rags that the six buttons are perhaps a bit big. I like them, but they're a bit big. I just can't quite see the first post of a forum page, which means I have to use all that energy in scrolling - c'mon man, have a heart!

I also agree that it's a shame the three random tracks have gone. Could we have at least one back? They were a good way to hear stuff I might not have selected from a list.

Otherwise great job. I'm a pauper so can't give you wads of cash - but someone will surely make a bob or two from DT exposure, and maybe they'll not forget!

Not sure what an Iragish community is however. Largerish? Iraqish?!? Ah LARGISH innit! Givin it large on't community like. Oooh it's been a hot day.

Message 9/21             04-Jul-06  @  07:20 AM     Edit: 04-Jul-06  |  07:21 AM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

Rags .aka. Welder

"WE FEAR CHANGE"

Yeah, that must be it. It only took half day for me to get used to the new design... I'm starting to like those buttons although it would be much better to have them.. lets say: on the left side maybe? But maybe then the page would not fit on a 800*600 display, dunno...

(just thinking loud since my medicine has rolled by)

To be honest, the only thing I fear is that one day I will wake up and dt/7161 will be no more... so just do whatever is neccesary.

"but dont post cos there's no community as far as they can see to join in with..."

And that is strange indeed, as the the internet is full of shite forums full of posts, sometimes even lame "personal homepages" has more posts than dt...

k, have you considered promoting the forums a little bit? Like a big green/yellow button on (both) main page that stands out and has "Discuss tracks here!!!" printed on it... (or something equally... erm... "subtle" :-) Also, having the three most "popular" thread names visible on the front page would'nt hurt either (network overhead would be minimal... I guess).

Message 10/21             04-Jul-06  @  07:52 AM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

milan

rrrright... for me (1280x1024), the buttons are not too big. but Musineer has a point- those 3 buttons at the top are kind of easy to miss compared to the other ones, even if they are more important (unless you are a dance music fan)!

my gripe would be that those dark-gray-on-black buttons are kinda hard to read, esp. with the sun hitting my monitor like right now. how about adding some colour to them? red lettering or something?

otherwise i think the redesign is a step in the right direction!

and forum wise... dunno, more advertising for it on the music page? or even on user pages ("discuss this track/artist ->HERE" type thing). i think rags is right about that.

regards, m.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)