aaa beyond the skyline by dave pugh - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: beyond the skyline by dave pugh

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             29-Oct-06  @  03:56 PM   -   beyond the skyline by dave pugh

dave pugh

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

this is the first version of this track, would love to here your comments, any thoughts? all the best. dave

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             29-Oct-06  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: beyond the skyline by dave pugh

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

Radox bath, just the right temperature, just the right depth, few candles...

Very soothing music. I'm particularly partial to the middle bit at 2 min or so, what? where?

End bit light and easy.

Good production. Very smooth. Liked the incidental noises too.

First version you say! Blimey!

I'm sure loads of folk will go nuts over this as it is (or if not nuts, then space-out), but looking for bits I wasn't so keen on: The synth that makes the mid to high buzz shorter notes doesn't seem to belong somehow, and make the what/where/what etc more twisted and dischordant - and longer.

Champion job Mr Pugh.

Message 3/12             29-Oct-06  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: beyond the skyline by dave pugh

dave pugh

thanks for your thoughts musineer, not sure which synth sound your talking about but i will check it out! the talking voice at the start(mine) i was going to get my girlfriend to redo it, she has a lovely spoken voice. also thinking about some ebow guitar in places. thanks again. dave.

Message 4/12             03-Nov-06  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: beyond the skyline by dave pugh

k

great intro, gorgeously soft while also being detailed but the dialog is slightly obscured - the whole intro movement is beautiful combination of layered sounds, like eating a delicious cake, the ingredients of which you sometimes recognise but overall can only guess at. - so that section i'd just perhaps work on making the dialog clearer...

the swelling bass end drone-y pad is very well mixed, just deep and ominously droning without overload

love that ringing riff which comes in at 2:50 ish

the drums perhaps i'd have raised slightly ... although they totaly work that low, it's just taste.. mebbe not raise them but i dunno, perhaps buss them thru a comp to slightly increase their overall presense

good stuff anyways, very soundscape, perhaps could be slightly improved by some judicious work with an eq cut on various items in the mid registers 3-6k

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/12             04-Nov-06  @  09:06 AM   -   RE: beyond the skyline by dave pugh

dave pugh

thanks k. my girlfriend is going to redo the talking part, she has a much nicer voice than me!!! wil try compessing drums ect, thanks for your advice, always really appreciated. thanks again. dave.

Message 6/12             21-Nov-06  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: beyond the skyline by dave pugh

Rags .aka. Welder

Ugh, feckin' beautiful opening. Something almost completely different from 2:50 but equally brilliant.

Man, I'm just sitting here and don't know what to say.

Message 7/12             21-Nov-06  @  08:45 PM     Edit: 21-Nov-06  |  08:45 PM   -   RE: beyond the skyline by dave pugh

Rags .aka. Welder

Message 8/12             24-Nov-06  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: beyond the skyline by dave pugh

Maarten

Very nice indeed.

Message 9/12             24-Nov-06  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: beyond the skyline by dave pugh

Maarten

Angelic Overwind, noice man

Message 10/12             02-Dec-06  @  03:58 AM   -   RE: beyond the skyline by dave pugh

urbicide

Link?:  No link

Nice visual music. Seems like a common thread amongst DT'ers here.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)