aaa rags: dear hunter! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: rags: dear hunter!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             09-Jan-07  @  06:01 AM     Edit: 04-Feb-07  |  12:04 PM   -   rags: dear hunter!

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

----------------------EDIT!---------------------------------------------

Ok, I have uploaded a V2 of the same song, I would be glad if you could listen to both and tell me which one you like better. Sort of "reality check".

Thank you very much.

ps: if both sucks... well that would also be useful

Old one

New one

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             09-Jan-07  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: rags: dear hunter!

Maarten

Killer sounds all over... damn, that bass is ubercool- has a lovely bite. Rags' world is still unusual as usual, enjoyed!

Message 3/21             09-Jan-07  @  10:53 PM     Edit: 09-Jan-07  |  11:01 PM   -   RE: rags: dear hunter!

nme

I like this too, it has a more laid back ambient feel to it than the others Ive listened too but it works well. I like the acid style electronic sounds, always a winner as far as my own tastes go, great work fella.

PS. Are you able to shed any light on my 'dancetech chart' post, havnt had any responses & id like to substitute 12 gauge for Genesis which has had almost twice as many plays but I havnt got a clue how to go about it?

.........Oh yeah and if you like to have a laugh at somone else's expense check out my post in the lounge 'how to deal with telesales staff'

Cheers

Message 4/21             24-Jan-07  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: rags: dear hunter!

Rags .aka. Welder

Hey, cheers Maarten and NME!

I've been away from dt for a while so it is always nice to come back to see reactions like this.

Message 5/21             04-Feb-07  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: rags: dear hunter!

Rags .aka. Welder

updated

Message 6/21             09-Feb-07  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: rags: dear hunter!

Musineer Productions

Ah, champion Rags!

I've just been ranting about the lack of creativity in current tunes, and the dull need to conform to exhausted formulae -- and then I get to listen to these!

I like 'em both, but the second one makes me purse my lips more and hunch my shoulders. Love the cracked high frequency stabs. Really cleans around the folds in my ears.

Makes me think of dentists for some reason. That moment when they stick the needle in and reach for some metallic implement or other. Sinister and foreboding, yet you know you'll be better for it at the other end.

Keep making music Rags and ignore all advice.

Message 7/21             09-Feb-07  @  07:16 AM   -   RE: rags: dear hunter!

Rags .aka. Welder

"Makes me think of dentists for some reason. That moment when they stick the needle in and reach for some metallic implement or other."

LOL now you've mentioned it, I must confess that most of my sounds come from sub-conscious memories of noises experienced during dental surgery. You know that kinda crunchy stuff you hear in your skull when your gum is being cut by a scalpel...

Thanks for the props!

Message 8/21             10-Feb-07  @  12:45 AM   -   RE: rags: dear hunter!

nme

I like this one too, I think Mus summed it up appropriatley.

I used to listen to a lot of The Orb, Future Sound of London, Orbital & similar etc... & I get a similar kinda feel listening to this one too.

Im really keen on the incidental sounds/noises vibe & with out trying to sound too stuck up your arse Rags Its the kinda stuff Im looking to produce along a similar type of vibe, in time, so I like it is what Im saying!

Did you read the post by Mus, 'radiophonic workshop' regarding predefined formula shaping the artist? It made a lot of sense to me as my own incentive to get into Reason was to try & break away from exactly that (by not simply bolting those predefined loops back to back) & as a result develop my own sound or vibe when it all begins to come together. I think it really began to dawn on me when I heard the 2 tracks, 1)sense & 2) the rolling pill version.
So stick with it, Im looking forward to hearing more of the same from you! Nice work

Message 9/21             10-Feb-07  @  08:20 AM   -   RE: rags: dear hunter!

k

Link?:  Link

there's not alot in it for me, i like em both... i think perhaps i'd like to see a development of the lead theme after the intro tho, so it goes off, develops into a solo and then comes back for the end

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/21             10-Feb-07  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: rags: dear hunter!

Rags .aka. Welder

there's not alot in it for me, i like em both... i think perhaps i'd like to see a development of the lead theme after the intro tho, so it goes off, develops into a solo and then comes back for the en

Yeah, melody-wise it is not a big deal... (somebody even said it's a "the house of the rising sun ripoff") and I would have liked to have more "evolution" as far as the lead is concerned but .. well, I guess next time...

so I like it is what Im saying!

Thanx!

Did you read the post by Mus, 'radiophonic workshop' regarding predefined formula shaping the artist?

actually... I have just read it... there are some guys I know who are really hardcore about experimentalism, synthesized noises, strange samples, twisted scales.. that kind of stuff that you have absolutely no idea how it is made... still, I think it is a very conscious effort to make something that is not built on any kind of routine of cliche. I am mostly incapable of doing that, but at the same time I don't have the skills to follow the "rules" either, so the end result necessarily becomes "experimental" to some extent. Also, the potential for experimentalism is so huge in today's software and hardware tools that it is very hard not to do something that sounds "unexpected" or "innovative"...

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot