aaa hmmm... So VISTA = slower DAW - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: hmmm... So VISTA = slower DAW

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             07-Jun-07  @  05:32 PM   -   hmmm... So VISTA = slower DAW

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

http://www.aavimt.com.au/dawbench/blofelds-xp-v-vista.htm

Hmmm

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             22-Jul-07  @  11:58 AM   -   RE: hmmm... So VISTA = slower DAW

joegornall

Link?:  No link

k, as I have no gear yet, do you think I should wait till everything is compatible with vista before I indulge? Its just that I could be waiting a while! I think Carillons have their own OS although they are PC's (not sure) so I dont know whether Id benefit from it or not. I wouldn't want to have to go through an upgrade process in a years time or so for the sake of waiting 6 months or something.

Cheers

Joe

Message 3/18             22-Jul-07  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: hmmm... So VISTA = slower DAW

k

get xp pro

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/18             22-Jul-07  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: hmmm... So VISTA = slower DAW

joegornall

Im glad you said that coz I dont want to wait any more!

Message 5/18             23-Jul-07  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: hmmm... So VISTA = slower DAW

k

btw Joe...

I fly aeroplanes for a living

really? you RAF?

Message 6/18             23-Jul-07  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: hmmm... So VISTA = slower DAW

joegornall

Nah, the RAF never really interested me coz of the lifestyle, plus you have to be TopGun material to fly the really cool stuff! I just fly (press buttons then read music magazines for 4 hrs then press more buttons) for a little company called GB Airways which is a BA franchise from our little Manchester base. We drive Airbus 320's and 321's mainly out of Gatwick to holiday destinations around Europe.

Message 7/18             24-Jul-07  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: hmmm... So VISTA = slower DAW

k

daMN, how did you get that so young if dont mind me asking?

and can you get me a cheap flight to Alicante?, lol

Message 8/18             24-Jul-07  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: hmmm... So VISTA = slower DAW

joegornall

I forked out a rather large sum of money (which I'll be paying back to the bank till I die!) for the training which I did in Spain. Took nearly 2 years and at the end was lucky enough to get picked up for a jet job. Slipped through the net somehow! Ive only just started really, been with the company for exactly 1 year now, just settling in.

Check your PMs

Message 9/18             24-Jul-07  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: hmmm... So VISTA = slower DAW

rags .aka. welder

Link?: Link

"We drive Airbus 320's and 321's mainly out of Gatwick to holiday destinations around Europe."

Ooooh..! (turns green in envy, then yellow, then explodes)

Message 10/18             24-Jul-07  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: hmmm... So VISTA = slower DAW

joegornall

Hey its just a job, all I do is taxi people about. We don't get to stay anywhere abroad, its just there and back, and the hours suck. It aint glamorous, and we dont even
get a hat anymore

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot