aaa the homepages... slight return - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: the homepages... slight return

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/24             06-Jun-09  @  10:47 AM   -   the homepages... slight return

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ok. we're gonna start resurrecting meantime the old ones are at you old address, except now it is

www.dancetech.com/users/your_old_homepage_name

or

www.7161.com/users/your_old_homepage_name

new templates and faster pages and other tweaks will be added over forthcoming weeks

homepage admin will be not be added and visible yet tho so you cant edit anything yet, cos that needs reworking

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/24             30-Jun-09  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

k

update: most of the complicated & donkey-work coding is now done making it super streamlined

also now we have made it so you can easily (and super-fast) try different homepage directory addresses before you commit to setting your address (and it is super fast with no page reloading)

so the messy work is done, all we have to do now is create the 'creation' page to set the template choice, then the 'create' page to set the colour scheme - thats easy work and just a few hours to do and test.

after that we can open it up as stage-1 (all done but without a new homepage colour-editor admin) - Then we can create the new colour -edit admin, and then sit back and add many new templates with ease as we go.

so, meantime the old homepages ARE available my modifying your old address

this is an example:

http://www.7161.com/users/3rd_Rock_Revolution/

that homepage example used to be at this address:

http://www.7161.com/~3rd_Rock_Revolution/

so just replace the tilde with /users/

you can edit homepages yet tho.

Btw once the new system is open, all users will need to reset their template (this will be forced in admin). This is to force the user to write the new faster code & easy template-change options to their homepage - we'll add in a few extra options at that point too

the idea is to make these user homepages even more like proper websites & offer much more variety of templates.

so after that is reopened 7161 will also kinda be a 'free-website' site as well as a music hosting site

cheers

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/24             22-Jul-09  @  04:49 PM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

k

still at it, getting there - we decided to add feedback comments on homepages for added tracks and mixes, so users can add comments on the homepages as well as via the main site.

it's gettin there tho.

Message 4/24             19-Oct-09  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

k

almost there for relaunch - just a little more work and the basic non-custom templates are ready to go live

then we can work on tweaking the custom colours templates

here's a basic template, still a few tweaks to add but almost there

http://www.7161.com/users/Test_Deejay/

Message 5/24             20-Oct-09  @  01:16 PM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

k

added commenting for news/blogs on the homepages - might as well. most homepages of the blog type have commenting for added content, so, that's added

try it if u like on the demo page: www.7161.com/users/Test_Deejay

Message 6/24             20-Oct-09  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

k

also added lightbox animation for gallery images - oversized images wont destroy the display cos they are restricted with a max-size fix so they dont spill off the page, but fullsize image can be viewed with the lightbox popup

Message 7/24             04-Nov-09  @  01:50 AM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

k

reet - gettin there

the fixed templates all done.

the custom template admin re-do is almost done - here's the Homepage color editor so far - few fixed to do yet.

http://www.7161.com/color_code/demo.htm

once the editor is done there's just a few more tweaks to do and the hompages'll be re-opened - yeah sure it aint facebook, it wont copy all your mates from your emails etc etc, but it looks nicer and... whatever

btw u know u can easily add your tracks or mixed to facebook etc on any track page on 7161 yes?

here's the demo page again -

www.7161.com/users/Test_Deejay

other tweaks just added:

blog style 'add-comments' for added blog/news items on frontpage with read/write show/hide

added audio-mix play/stream for added charts (optional) so a deejay can add a chart and a mix set to go with

User can now switch on/off the menu items ALBUMS & CHART if not required, and those menu items are switched off by default anyways unless user has created one album or chart.

um, forum has added robot-spam-limitation code added (the test page below was getting spammed)

gallery images now have lightbox pop-up and are 'max-sized' in the preview list so they cant spill of page if too big.

all the forms have been tarted up to look nice

front-page blog images are resized so dont spill off page if too big

=================

one thing tho if someone made a homepage way way waaaaay back with Ye first ever templates, then verily they doth needeth to mail us to reseteth their folder

Message 8/24             04-Nov-09  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

k

Ha! check it out! the color editor is rockin with the fixes done!

http://www.7161.com/color_code/demo.htm

Message 9/24             20-Feb-10  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

k

getting there, lots of fixes etc, made some more tweaks so the color editor can remove border and by adding a bg image and a banner image (uploaded & set in admin), i did this.

so i'll add some size templates in the color admin so people can easily make their own and get the size right so they line up, if they want to do that same effect of a thru-bar background which lines up with the banner image to make a whole top horizontal effect

anyhoos check it out, i did all that with the color admin:

http://www.7161.com/users/Test_Deejay

Message 10/24             04-Jun-10  @  02:32 AM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

k

update

bugtested - seems ok

added 3 new guitarists templates - a marshall, orange & mesa stack - with preset colours for the lazy and editable otherwise - inc bg image

you can flip between guitar-templates and other templates seemlessly and it retains different colour selections for both

anhoos - need beta testers now i spose or i'll never dare to release the damned things

however, the guitar templates have shown it was worth the owrk cos we can now add new templates with ease - so there will be more coming down the pipe

also - tweaking stuff as well - people increasingly want a website for a hub linking their other pages - so i'm adding new admin feilds to add-in your links to your:

faceook
myspace
youtube
twitter
& there is rss which we do

so the homepages now will have have nice glossy icons for that - i did it already in the guitar templates, just a matter of copying them

er... thats it really just done some tidying otherwise

gotta make some tutorial & promo videos before launch

so beta testers required soon

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot