aaa Need help real quick with VST - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Need help real quick with VST

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             29-Oct-09  @  02:10 PM   -   Need help real quick with VST

nutoniom

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hello,

I have a problem with a VST instrument and I need this thing to work asap since the piece
has to be recorded before sunday afternoon for a funeral.

Basicaly I want to record the piano accompaniement to a song so people can sing along at
the service.

First off, I never use VST instruments, I have all the synths I need and they all respond well to
my different controllers.

So, when I load the piano vst in Cubase (VST/32 5) it plays fine when I depress keys with the
mouse, or if I create a part and paint in notes.

When I play on my controller keyboard (axiom 25) I see the midi activity in light up
accordingly.

I put the vst piano on midi track 1, set the output to the said piano. set the piano to receive on
any chanel, play the axiom, no sound nor activity on the vst piano.

I'm pretty sure it must be something super dumb that you guys do everyday, but I never use
VST instrument, so i'm a bit lost.

Thanks a lot in advance

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             29-Oct-09  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: Need help real quick with VST

nutoniom

Ok, so not so urgent anymore as I got a plan B. Just remembered I have a stereo grand on a E-Mu
sound library. Just loaded it in the ESI and it will be fine. I'm still curious as to why the vst won't work
'tho.

thanks again

Message 3/12             29-Oct-09  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: Need help real quick with VST

Bedwyr

can you get any other vsti to play in cubase?

Message 4/12             29-Oct-09  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: Need help real quick with VST

nutoniom

nope. They will play as I say if I create a part and draw the notes in, but they won't play receiving notes from external controllers (axiom 25, tr-626, mc-50). If I didn't see activity on the midi activity monitor on the transport I'd understand, but I do see it. Puzzling...

Message 5/12             29-Oct-09  @  04:08 PM     Edit: 29-Oct-09  |  04:10 PM   -   RE: Need help real quick with VST

Bedwyr

do you add them as vsti after pressing f11 or after clicking on the left here and selecting add new vst instrument (or whatever it is)? some vst have multiple outs and i don't think that works the same as when you click add new vsti, only when you slot them in after f11.

might not be your issue though

Message 6/12             29-Oct-09  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: Need help real quick with VST

k

yeah odd. assuming everything was set right

what vsti was it out of interest? and the axiom i sending note on/off data yeah? u tried to record some midi data from it?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/12             29-Oct-09  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: Need help real quick with VST

nutoniom

Beds, I have no idea what F11 does

Never used it.

The way I go is this: let Cubase (vst32 5) load then add vst instrument in the drop down menu (tools?), then in the track info on the left I set the output to the vst instrument set channel to any.

K, the axiom works flawlessly with all my hardware, never a problem with it (I don't use the usb, just the midi side of it)

The vsti is Balthor grand piano

Message 8/12             29-Oct-09  @  09:35 PM   -   RE: Need help real quick with VST

nutoniom

Beds, F11 moves the right locator back to the begining in my version, which is 2000'ish if I recall
correctly.

Message 9/12             31-Oct-09  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: Need help real quick with VST

k

yeah i remember this was a problem which occurred sometimes in the old vst... cant remember what the cause was tho it's so long ago, but yes this infuriating issue used to arise where you'd clearly see received MIDI activity on the transport bar yes no notes would sound

wasnt there some issue with too many midi drivers installed or something? cos windows could only handle a certain total of midi ports and some plugins would install their own midi port if they operate standalone... i think the max number of ports winblows could handle was 11 or summt daft; or was that all web-mythology?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/12             02-Nov-09  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: Need help real quick with VST

nutoniom

well,i got tired of it and decided to reinstall cubase. It now works, only downside is I don't know what
the problem was. Oh well, another pc mystery ( I must admit my last install was over 4 years ago...)

Thanks for your help.

I did manage to do the track using my sampler so all is well anyway.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot