aaa Myspace could be axed by Murdoch... news - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Myspace could be axed by Murdoch... news

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             06-Nov-10  @  02:41 PM     Edit: 06-Nov-10  |  02:42 PM   -   RE: Myspace could be axed by Murdoch... news

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hmm

MySpace is continuing to limp along on the interwebs and the once hugely popular social network even gave itself a makeover last week. But News Corp, which owns the firm, could pull the plug on the entire operation within the year.
As reported by another News Corp tentacle 'All Things Digital' yesterday, Rupert Murdoch's company could soon be calling in the axe man.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/04/myspace_awaits_death_sentence_hearing/

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             14-Jan-11  @  11:16 PM   -   RE: Myspace could be axed by Murdoch... news

Bedwyr

shitspace never made any cash and it never will. same for fuckbook. you've only got to look at aol ... died a death.

Message 3/12             15-Jan-11  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: Myspace could be axed by Murdoch... news

k

yeah, i can see a huge crash coming for facebook at some point.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/12             26-Mar-11  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: Myspace could be axed by Murdoch... news

safeandsound123

It seems to me that many people are usuing alternatives (like this site) and reverbnation or people are now setting up their own websites. It is fairly straightforward to do so.

SafeandSound Mastering, low cost, high end

Message 5/12             26-Mar-11  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: Myspace could be axed by Murdoch... news

admin

Link?:  No link

well we have a whole section in 7161 admin to make a website automaticaly - sadly it's not as flashy as those FLASH based layout-editor build-a-site design widgets, but it works.

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 6/12             27-Mar-11  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Myspace could be axed by Murdoch... news

safeandsound123

That seems very generous that you can set a page up here. If I was doing music these days I would set a page up. I think I even had a 7161 page about 5 /6 years ago at the back end of my music making/recording days.

cheers

SafeandSound Mastering, low cost, high end

Message 7/12             24-Jul-11  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: Myspace could be axed by Murdoch... news

beds

"... could pull the plug on the entire operation within the year" ... and they did

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9262f82c-a289-11e0-9760-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1T2oUXQHg

It's got even worse for newscrap now hasn't it?

Message 8/12             24-Jul-11  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: Myspace could be axed by Murdoch... news

k

well put a boy in mans job. James murdoch has only one outstanding quality.... which is that in most still images he looks like any typical NAZI/Gestapo officer from an old ww2 film, lol

Every time i see his pic' in the newspapers all i can hear in my head is; "Your papers do not appear to be in order!"

Message 9/12             24-Jul-11  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: Myspace could be axed by Murdoch... news

k

anyways, surely a new dotcom bubble burst is coming?, all these rampantly overvalued sites like facebook, spotify etc?. they are gonna collapse imo.

i've got a fiver on it.

anyways, haven't you joined google+ yet?

Message 10/12             24-Jul-11  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: Myspace could be axed by Murdoch... news

k

f*ck me! there's nearly 5000 views for this thread!! bloody hell

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot