aaa Behringer BCF2000 & Logic 9 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Behringer BCF2000 & Logic 9

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 30-Aug-12  @  05:41 AM     Edit: 30-Aug-12  |  02:37 PM   -   RE: Logic 9 control surface question

sharpgoatee

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Guys

I recently started using the BCF2000 with Logic 9.1.7 on a mac book pro running 10.6.8 & closely followed a great tutorial on youtube posted by Dancetech. When I open Logic's Preferences-Control surfaces setup the"Control Surface Group 1" window opens. In this configuation window "Display Mode" is listed as the second choice of Parameters you can toggle. The default selection for "Display Mode" is "value". As per the tutorial I click on "value" & it instantly toggles to the word "Name". ("Name" is where id like it to stay). But for some reason after being sure to save my Logic song before quitting it defaults right back to "Value" upon re-launching Logic. The weird thing is I also made another change in the "Relative Change Mode (near the bottom of the list) from "Coarse" to "Fine" & for whatever reason this Value is recalled by logic even though it is not the default choice for that parameter. So why ia logic saving that change but not the change i make a few notches above it in the same window??. I tried throwing out the preferences file, named “com.apple.logic.pro.cs,” located in ~/Library/Preferences. It didnt work so I also tried looking into "audio midi setup" in my utilities folder but it didnt have the bcf2000 listed as a device. Only showed my Apogee "Ensemble" & some internal mics & computer speakers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Everything else seems to be working fine in reference to other settings, faders, pans, mutes etc..
Here is a link I found with screenshots of the one im working with....Thanks

http://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/9.1.6/jp/logicpro/controlsurfacessupport/chapter_1_section_5.html

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/11             11-Nov-12  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: Behringer BCF2000 & Logic 9

datapeddler

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I USE AN APOGEE ENSEMBLE AS MY SOUND CARD. ID LIKE TO GET OUT THE BOX TO ADD SOME NICE ANALOG WARMTH WITH A SUMMING  UNIT SO ORIGINALLY I WAS CONSIDERING THE DANGEROUS MUSIC 2BUS LITE WITH A EUPHONIX MC MIX. I WAS EXCITED TO READ THAT THE FOCUSRITE ALREADY HAS ALL THIS ALONG WITH A PRETTY NICE MONITORING SECTION BUT YOUR ABSOLUTELY CORRECT WITH YOUR QUESTION REGARDING ALL THE MIC PRE'S. I DONT NEED THEM. I HAVE DEDICATED OUTBOARD GEAR FOR MY MICS BUT IT SEEMS MOST BOARDS HAVE BUILT IN MIC PRE'S ANYWAYS.  WHAT OTHER OPTIONS DO U THINK CAN ACHIEVE A MORE STEREO/ANALOG SOUNDING MIX WITH DAW CONTROL FOR LOGIC 9?

CHEERS 

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)