aaa hurricane irene - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: hurricane irene

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 27-Aug-11  @  02:24 PM     Edit: 27-Aug-11  |  02:44 PM   -   RE: hurricane irene

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

i'm one of the 64 million people in hurricane irene's path. D'OH! i picked the wrong 64 million people to be with this time.

the hurricane won't be here for quite a few hours but i've got my window fans turned on to put me in the hurricane spirit. 

i'm on high ground and in a solid rather low to the ground building. i've got supplies enough to last me til next hurricane season if my electricity goes out and just so you know, i've decided "an eye for an eye" is the ability a person who can understand hurricane computer models possesses. 

the hurricane is expected to arrive here as only a category 1 or perhaps only a tropical storm which is pretty typical for hurricanes that mosey on up this far north. the difference with this one is it's massiveness which translates to i blow you long time and all the rain expected which will likely cause some serious flooding but i'm on top of a hill so i'll watch everyone down below get flooded. seriously i hope people are safe. i'm glad i no longer live in a manhattan highrise. those things sway when the wind kicks up like this. the projected 12 hours of swaying in my former 18th floor apartment would have been rather nervewracking.

oh and in other exciting news, several days ago i was sitting at my computer when it felt like my chair was rocking back and forth. it was so slight that i thought because i was still groggy from sleeping late the rocking was my imagination until i turned on the news and heard about the earthquake and a bit later got a robocall from the mayor's office telling everyone an earthquake had been felt in the area. i assume that is what i felt. it was so slight but at least i can say i've felt an earthquake. now it's hurricane time. bring it baby!  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             07-Sep-11  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: hurricane irene

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

Hello all,

Glad the storm missed you and you're all still ranting heartily. I'm looking at tropical storm Maria and hoping it sidles a bit north.

Just thought I'd make my annual post.  

Message 12/12             09-Sep-11  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: hurricane irene

k

Link?: Link

wow that must be scary. One aspect of moving to the windies i never thought about. eeek!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)