aaa Organising Recorded Records - Deejay & deejay kit forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: Organising Recorded Records

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 14-Feb-04  @  12:45 PM     Edit: 14-Feb-04  |  12:45 PM   -   Organising Recorded Records

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I need some help here. I've finally finished recording all of my records to mp3 so that I can play them through Traktor on my laptop (as well as for backup purposes). And I have run into a major dilemma. How on earth do I organise my mp3 collection? My physical records are all organised by label, which is easy because I tend to associate a record with its cover. But when I just have a list of tracks all I have to go on is "Artist - Track Name (Remix Details)" and I have hundreds of them now and quite a few of the tracks never even came off of a record (some from CDs, others bought online from places like bedrock.uk.net), so I can't go by label. All of my tracks can be placed under the genre 'progressive' (house and breaks), so I can't really split them into genres or styles as so many of them are just completely ambiguous. Somebody, somewhere must have come up with an effective solution. Any ideas people?

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             24-Feb-04  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: Organising Recorded Records

Steve Roughley

Not to worry Milan. Cheers anyway.

I've just bought that softpointer, Beds (not bad for £8). I'll let you know how it works out. I also found out that Traktor does something similar. So last night I bit the bullet and went through half of my tracks and defined just about anything that I might remember a track by, such as the trackname, artist, remixer, genre, label and any comments, such as extra remix information. I also made use of a field called 'ranking' to add a number from 1 to 5 to the tracks that represented where in a set I would be most likely to place the track, (which will drastically reduce the number of tracks to search through during a set). 1 being the intro, to 5 being the finale. If this way of organising recordings doesn't work, then I'm probably just gonna have to put up with it.

Steve.

Message 12/13             24-Feb-04  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: Organising Recorded Records

i hate you but love bums

Who cares about DJing? That was sooooooo 1997.

Message 13/13             01-Mar-04  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: Organising Recorded Records

dr_haskell

I did my hole collection at xmas.

One of the best is the free real player. Suprisingly. Good genre & album grouping which makes looking at your mp3s easy. Click on the library bit if you already have realplayer on your pc.

The one i use now is dbpoweramp which is free, i tend to search for a track with the windows search and then drag the tracks into the playlist on dbpoweramp.

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)