aaa CubaseSX performance: Power hungry! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: CubaseSX performance: Power hungry!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 10-Mar-04  @  10:44 PM   -   CubaseSX performance: Power hungry!

mandylion

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

How is it for you people... is Cubase SX more power hungry than Cubase VST 5.1? When I imported a song that I made with Cubase VST 5.1 to Cubase SX the 'VST performance' rised from 40% to 70%... ......that sucks big time.   ....is there anything I can do about it? My sound card is Echo MIA and I use buffer size 512 = 13 millisecond latency... I can't use any bigger buffer size or the latency becomes too long and unplayful.  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             11-Mar-04  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: CubaseSX performance: Power hungry!

influx

Link?:  Link

heh. I didnt see that!

yeah, man. 128 is NOT enough for any serious DAW work

512minimum.

its cheap, man. go get some.

or yeah, do a general upgrade. use your current for internet or somethin

Message 12/13             12-Mar-04  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: CubaseSX performance: Power hungry!

mandylion

Link?:  No link

I have 2 x 128 so in total 256. DDR ram was new and very pricey thing 3 years ago.

Yeah I'm gonna get new computer and use this for something else. I think that might also solve my sound module problem.. i.e... I don't need one when I have fast enough puter.

Message 13/13             12-Mar-04  @  05:15 PM   -   RE: CubaseSX performance: Power hungry!

influx

Link?:  Link

nope, you sure dont. for the cost of a hardware synth you can get atmosphere, absynth, reaktor and some of the cheaper synths, too!

keep in mind that cubase comes with the Universal Sound Module which has usable sounds as well

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)