aaa Vocal Processor for the Stage - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: Vocal Processor for the Stage

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 16-Feb-05  @  11:18 PM   -   Vocal Processor for the Stage

CydoniaCell

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Cheers everyone

I'm working in a new EBM/Industrial project. I know sounds, and synths and all that business, and honestly I've been makin' cyber/jungle/breakbeats etc for too long to admit... But I haven't spent any time with vocal processors. ANY!!!

SO the front man/ego of the project uses a guitar processor to effect his vocals. I'm not up on vocal processors, but I knew this would be a problem the minute I heard this. He insisted it was fine, and sensitive vocalist ego wasn't going to be argued with... so I said simply, "I don't like it"... and that was that.

We had a show this weekend and the feedback on the vocal mic was fuckin' impossible!!! Bear in mind this guy uses distortion, heavy flange or other types of modulation, and delays!!!

I'm thinkin', "Those Dancetech people know everything", (or they think they do...)

What you any of you reccomend? Now I know must of us around here don't DO vocals... I don't either... but I'm branching out, embracing something different, and where it comes to vocals I'm totaly at a loss.

Any ideas? I need a stage worthy vocal processor that isn't noisy as all hell, and won't produce NASTY feedback like the unbalanced POS the guy is attached to now!

Help a brotha....

e

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             22-Feb-05  @  01:28 AM   -   RE: Vocal Processor for the Stage

k

Link?:  Link

get the settinsg right and it can be done ok, you need eq too.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/13             10-Mar-05  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: Vocal Processor for the Stage

milan

Link?: Link

hey CC, i just stumbled upon this- http://www.prosoundweb.com/live/labbest/dist.php

didnt read it all, but i think it might be useful for you.

Message 13/13             14-Mar-05  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: Vocal Processor for the Stage

CydoniaCell

Link?: Link

Cheers Milan... thanks!

good stuff... a lot to pour over...

e

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)