aaa thiefs... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: thiefs...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 06-Feb-08  @  10:54 AM   -   thiefs...

rags .aka. welder

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Recently I have been involved in a guitar based blues-ish rock project (mostly doing the mixing and final touching up) and when I wanted to upload it here (we're looking for a singer, and also probably we could prolly use some of the feedback from you guys), my partner (who does the guitar and drum stuff) protested, coz' he was so afraid that someone might just pop in, listens to this song and steals all the ideas and makes big money out of it...

Now I know this kind of stuff has happened before, but to be frank I really don't see this as a big risk to take... I have never been concerned about this before, maybe I should, but well, I don't think my ideas are really worth stealing and "re-implementing" and selling...

Anyway, I have to respect my partners decision on this, but I just wanted to know if any of you have anything to add to this... of yourse, most of the members here have stuff added to the music site, so that partly answers the question... but any of you register any of your works at some kind of copyright organisation?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             08-Feb-08  @  05:22 PM     Edit: 08-Feb-08  |  05:22 PM   -   RE: thiefs...

Bedwyr

Link?: Link

the post it to yourself is nothing more than supporting evidence should it come to a dispute in court.

in the uk your work is copyrighted as soon as you record it, whether you're being ripped off by/member of a rights collection scam/organisation or not.

personally, i wouldn't worry about it.

Message 12/13             08-Feb-08  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: thiefs...

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

True about copyright on creation, but it's the proving of who created first that can be the problem.

Ripped off? Scam?

I joined PRS & MCPS twelve years ago and have received more from them than the 50 squid paid to join.

Even some plays on local radio produces a cheque. They send a free mag regularly and never hassle me to buy stuff. I think they're champion. Very glad I joined.

Message 13/13             08-Feb-08  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: thiefs...

k

Link?:  Link

good point, and that'd be ascap in usa, you can register your songs with them using a submission form

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)