aaa In need of urgent assistance... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: In need of urgent assistance...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 27-Jul-03  @  11:11 PM     Edit: 27-Jul-03  |  11:19 PM   -   In need of urgent assistance...

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Did anyone watch the episode of Six Feet Under where Mr Siranai passed away and had a Buddhist funeral (shown this night on Channel 4. Some of you may better remember it as the episode with the sex party)? There were these three Thai Buddhist Monks chanting this funeral chant that just sounded bloody amazing! I have grown soooo tired of the human voice, but this sound that they produced just immersed me in the most haunting atmosphere. It was almost like three VAs approached Judaist angels before scaring the shit out of them. I NEED to know where I can get a clean audio recording of this style of chant (I will quite happily pay). I am so surprised that I have never heard it before. I could listen to it for hours and hours and my tracks need it.

I'm really sorry for the rant, but I've never heard anything like this before. Please help a guy out.

Regards.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             29-Jul-03  @  08:58 AM     Edit: 29-Jul-03  |  12:18 PM   -   RE: In need of urgent assistance...

Steve Roughley

Cheers for the help people. I've found a few leads. The style I am after is found in one of the following peices:

Traditional Thai Music : Hun Graboug

Or:

Music From Thailand and Laos : Daw Thong

I have a feeling it is the second one, so I'll start hunting it down.

Thanks again.

Steve.

Message 12/14             29-Jul-03  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: In need of urgent assistance...

lsw

Have u tried the 'Delay Lama" plugin in softsynth its really
good and freeeeeeeeeeee!

Message 13/14             29-Jul-03  @  07:29 PM   -   RE: In need of urgent assistance...

errata

Link?: Link

http://www.bhaktisangeet.com/bhajan/int/thai.html

I'm tellin' ya. Go to that link... there are MP3's of Thai buddhists doin' Thai buddhist stuff. No it's not quite the same as Tibetan... They are equally interesting... I actually think Thai monks sound a bit more "otherworldly"...

e

Message 14/14             17-Jan-18  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: In need of urgent assistance...

u2265434

For anyone coming across this thread from 2003 in a google search, and looking for an answer:

It's ITIPISO chant. Probably Pali language as far as my understanding goes. You'll find it sounds pretty much the same as this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAFxA1JHCk0

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot