aaa Please Help - A-Station Users! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Please Help - A-Station Users!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 12-Sep-03  @  03:16 AM   -   Please Help - A-Station Users!

Brett Electric

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi there,

I'm using an A-station with OS 1.06.

I'm experiencing high pitched crackles and clicks when I apply the delay effect to a fast sequence of notes (eg. Arpeggiator settings, but it also happens when I send a rapid sequence in from my computer or sequencer). Turing the delay down and off lessens and eliminates the crackling respectively.
The crackling is irregular and doesn't seem to be related to the pattern being played at all.

I've upgraded to OS 1.06, and no one I've spoken to has been able to shed any light on the problem (Novation haven't returned any of my e-mails).

Has anyone else noticed anything like this at all or is my A-station stuffed?
Is this the normal operation of the unit?
Or am I the only one putting delay on arpeggios?

Any help would be mooost appreciated.

I don't want to have to abuse Novation on the WWW in order to get some help like some posters on this forum  

Thanks,

Brett

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             16-Sep-03  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: Please Help - A-Station Users!

Brett Electric

Link?:  No link

Thanks so much for everyone's help,

I think I understand the problem now.

In the nicest way possible, I wish I'd had this explained a few months ago - obviously the retailers and qualified service folk aren't aware of this phenomenon.

I'm syncing the A-station to either Logic Audio 5.5 (out of a Hoontech/STAudio C-Port)or alternatively a Yamaha RM1X sequencer - do these seem like hosts that send out sporgy MIDI Clocks? (maybe I should be hasslin' Emagic and Yamaha?)

What dodgy gear are you syncing yours to GrooveMonkey?

More importantly perhaps (this one's for Novation), what are my chances that the A-Station will be able to handle these jittery hosts under the next OS update? As Bob Marley once said: "I don't want to wait in vain..."

Thanks for all your help again, for a first post on Dancetech, I feel I've really gotten somewhere,

Cheers,

Brett

Message 12/14             16-Sep-03  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: Please Help - A-Station Users!

GrooveMonkey

Link?: Link

Oh I don't know.... Its quie poss that sequencers (software ones anyway) do send out jittery clock signals, just think about all the other shit thats going on in the background...

I've got a midiman 8x8, and vst 5.1r1 on a pc

G

Message 13/14             17-Sep-03  @  02:30 AM   -   RE: Please Help - A-Station Users!

psylichon

Link?: Link

so if all sequencers seem to send out jittery clocks, why did Novation design a delay unit to expect solid sync? What sequencer were they using?

It's just lazy... not that I blame them, mind you, it's all business. I'm sure it's difficult to get rid of the clicks (hence the many delay plugins that click when you change clock). But it's something that needs to be addressed. I've never noticed this with a Nova... why the regression?

psy

Message 14/14             17-Sep-03  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: Please Help - A-Station Users!

GrooveMonkey

Link?:  Link

Know what you mean Psy...

According to Nick they only found out about this jittery clock thing recently, and the OS on the Nova, Supernova etc is more tollerant than on the A-Station

G

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot