aaa 2 New Ambienty Psy-ish tunes - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 2 New Ambienty Psy-ish tunes

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 24-Dec-08  @  05:33 PM     Edit: 24-Dec-08  |  05:38 PM   -   2 New Ambienty Psy-ish tunes

homegrown

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hello all
Two new ambient/psy/chillout tunes on the links below.
Any feedback or tips for improvement would be welcome!
Cheers Homegrown

Oxymoron

The Ultimate Mistake

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             15-Jan-09  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: 2 New Ambienty Psy-ish tunes

droplifter

Link?:  No link

Right Im off to find out what this MYST game is all about?

Myst is pretty old, Riven is newer, I'll tell you what they're about: About 2 years if you don't cheat and use the walkthrough, rediculous puzzles haha.

Yeah man can't wait to hear more. And wtf is omnisphere? I'm new to all this stuff and basically if it ain't in Fruity Loops, I dungeddit.

Message 12/14             15-Jan-09  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: 2 New Ambienty Psy-ish tunes

k

Link?: Link

Myst man. lol. Zazza turned me on to it back in the day. apparently the 2 or 3 young guys who created the game went off and lived in a cabin in a forest for a year and wrote the game there, including doing all the sound fx which included recording with a mic inside a toiler bowl while flushing etc

then they emerged from the cabin and showed the game at some shows and it went ballistic, top seller position with rave reviews, i think myst 2 went on to be the biggest pre-order ever or something

if you play it alone it is so f*ckin creepy, i cant explain it, it is very dark somehow. it has an overwhelming ambience of menace but so subtle, there's no monsters jumping out, in fact it is abient noises only such as wind, but soooo creepy and deserted, thats wht's so creepy about it

riven was the next world they built, bigger, but not as creepy

the puzzles in myst are infuriatingly difficult it drives you mad... prolly tale a year to crack the game if you could at all (without looking up cheats and answers)

good tunes guys anyways... more of that.. we need to get this place back busy again for tunes.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/14             15-Jan-09  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: 2 New Ambienty Psy-ish tunes

homegrown

Link?: Link

Myst sounds wicked seriously tempted to make a tune called An Overwhelming Ambience of Menace.....

Omnisphere----Massive and overblown sample/synth hybrid type vst plugin thing

Do everything in Fruity Loops myself,but it's packed with nice plugs now....Still there's loads you can do with what you get out of the box.At a mates with no sound now but gonna check your tunes soon as Droplifter.

Message 14/14             15-Jan-09  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: 2 New Ambienty Psy-ish tunes

droplifter

Link?:  No link

Yeah I took a look at that omnisphere thingy on their website, looks mad, just need a job somewhere now and I can replace my stone-age pc with something capable of running Sytrus with ANY type of polyphony without me having to bounce it to a wav file. Gash. I want a job!

Cheers mate don't get your hopes up, my favourite tune I've done so far is Frob, can't seem to get anything else finished at the moment, and I'm sorta going through a stage where everything's coming out as some sort of wannabe electro crap. Hmm.

Cheers anyway, looking forward to the new stuff

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)