aaa added a new site skin - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: added a new site skin

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 21-Nov-09  @  12:10 AM   -   added a new site skin

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

yeah, a mate said they hated the green and requested orange & brown - so; very top-of-site next
to search box - SKINS - choose 3 if you want to use it or try it

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             24-Nov-09  @  12:38 PM   -   RE: added a new site skin

k

Link?: Link

yeah but the cf isnt the issue mate - also i dont have the .fla of the player to mess with anyway, only the .swf

what i need is a player like that which has accompanying ajax script to call an action page in the background on-play - the action page will use CF, the ajax merely needs to setup the send, and th4en have a slot for specifying the action page being called and the following variables being sent (2 simple integer variables)

anyways i'm looking also at using this when i've time to set it all up:

http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/

it has modules you can add-on including a google analytics module and a stats module and even an advertising module - so perhaps it's good to try and use that cos we could add the stats into the user-admin - i think the stats shows playcount and also how long each play is etc. i think you get a stats display module which can be added into any page

check the site out and see the modules, it's pretty cool

thing is tho, i dont do javascript much and cant figure out how to make it send the variable on-play - apparently it can do it, but how i dunno (??)

idealy what we want is a soundcloud style player with a horizontal waveform display, (nobody does a free one online and everyone wants one) which sends variables via ajax to an action page on-play with a span-return for the ajax to feedback into - that's it

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/15             24-Nov-09  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: added a new site skin

Mortimer

I have only worked on one cf site. I'm extremely fluent in javascript.

Often we can decompile swf, there are several progs for that, it does not always work but often does.

Ya the new flash has spectrum analysis. I go check out soundcloud and see whats up.

Message 13/15             24-Nov-09  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: added a new site skin

Mortimer

Wow they got some sweet looking stats alright.

Those wave form images are generated by the server.

Message 14/15             24-Nov-09  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: added a new site skin

k

yeah i wondered how they did it - damn them! it looks good doesnt it, although you hear people saying it doesnt always work if forwarding etc

Message 15/15             25-Nov-09  @  03:09 AM   -   RE: added a new site skin

Mortimer

Ya their server is a wee bit slow.

Heres the image for "Madonna - Frozen - Jedeye Rework Uploaded by Jedeye"

http://waveforms.soundcloud.com/yiMWpIZSN0Hu_m.png

Looks like they use ImageMagick to create the image. That be my guess.

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot