aaa DjGio, my first track! Looking for feedback - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: DjGio, my first track! Looking for feedback

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 01-Jul-10  @  05:26 PM   -   DjGio, my first track! Looking for feedback

Dj-Gio

Link?:  No link
File?:  File

DJGio-_Trance-A-tion.mp3
This is my first track made in Fl studios, I'd like to hear what you all think. Some feedback on the
sounds. maybe some compressing tips would be good, ha ha. thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             07-Jul-10  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: DjGio, my first track! Looking for feedback

Dj-Gio

File?:  No file

Man! I'll admit, that sounds really quite good. Now that I listen to the first version, this sounds really
awesome! I still need to work on some of the stuff in the song.. too much reverb on the sneer and all.

Tell me, what sort of settings to the compression have? Like what was the ratio and the threshold?
Thanks man

Message 12/15             07-Jul-10  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: DjGio, my first track! Looking for feedback

Mortimer

Link?: Link

Fruity Loops Studio - Fruity Compressor - Preset - Basic +6db

The -7db threshold with +6.1db gain leaves 0.9db to spare before clipping.

Message 13/15             09-Jul-10  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: DjGio, my first track! Looking for feedback

Dj-Gio

Great! What is the logic behind the gain? just to get it to the volume I want? At the moment I am
using the fruity limiter which I can turn off and use the compressor. Basically I Did the ratio and the
threshold like as you said and the gain I just have it real up xD. Not too sure if that is a good thing....
what do you guys think?

Message 14/15             09-Jul-10  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: DjGio, my first track! Looking for feedback

k

Link?: Link

i think the kik & bass is still getting lost a bit still, but it's not quite so pumping now, much better in that respect. i think the answer lies in a remix rather than trying different mastering compression cos i think the balance between bass/drums and the synths-section is a bit out

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/15             10-Jul-10  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: DjGio, my first track! Looking for feedback

Dj-Gio

Yeah, I think your right.... though the compression Mortimer suggested really did help the "pumping"
as you say. The biggest problem is that in fl there is this limiter that has a compressor.. it is about
the best one... my problem was first that I used the limiter... then next I just gave it too much gain that
it hit the ceiling. ( the limiter can't turn off but goes to 0 db ) then it starts to sound bad. I have been
trying a bunch of things to fix that... I have been working on a better sound system to be able to hear
all that stuff. Ha ha need to train my ear more! Have you any tips on eq-ing? Cheers!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)