aaa input processing- oh yes! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: input processing- oh yes!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 10-Nov-02  @  07:21 PM   -   input processing- oh yes!

milan

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

how many of you have ever tried messing with input processing on your Q/microQ´s? man... unbeleivable potential for sound mangling. even if you skip fx (not so great), vocoder (not so great), you get filters, evelopes, lfo´s, FM, arpegiator even etc, all of which are GREAT! man, you can make processes which make any loop you care to send to it a thousand times more interesting. i just created a set which instantly gives you great arped modulated fx for layering underneath your original track. and i´m gonna use it too... hehe  

(cue hysterical laughter with lots of reverb. other processing optional ;)

cheers, m.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/16             25-Nov-02  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: input processing- oh yes!

marianimal

Link?:  No link

I've been trying it with my microQ and I'm not sure it's working. In Multi mode, I routed a patch to a sub out and physically plugged that into the ext input. I expected not to be able to hear the patch until I set up another one to receive the external in, but I could hear it anyway. And I couldn't hear the effect of the filter I was trying to put on the patch. So I'm not sure I'm routing things properly, but it seems like it should be very simple and straightforward.

I've also heard that some of the vocoders can be made to sound really good, so I tried routing a patch to the aux bus and using that as the Analysis signal, but it didn't really sound like the vocoder was doing anything to the sound of the patch when I A/B'd it with and without the vocoder. I should try it with various other patches though, and with other external sources. I'm still running OS 1.14, not sure what all the bugs are yet.

Message 12/16             25-Nov-02  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: input processing- oh yes!

errata

The vocoders don't suck, they just aren't instant! You need to "work" them out. I have noticed way too much sibilance at higher octaves but if you stay bass-y they're quite nice, and interesting.

I use vocal samples through the uQ a lot. And process hats there as well... tried runnin the Nova through the Waldorf last night to make that sweet little synth a little more agressive!

Also, the meanest thing I've heard came from running an EA-1 through the Waldorf's 24 db bandpass with lotsa FM on the oscillators.... woohoo!!!

e

Message 13/16             01-Aug-03  @  08:32 AM   -   RE: input processing- oh yes!

panama

I just got a uQ! bad ass stuff! I got a question
for you guys/gals...probably a simple answer,
but...How do I get the 'external in' to work? I
read the manual and I cannot get the thing to
work. I think it might have an internal problem.
any ideas or instructions.?

Message 14/16             01-Aug-03  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: input processing- oh yes!

Pongoid

Link?: Link

yeah, first, you have to remember that the external in is treated just like an oscillator. In other words, you have to have a 'note on' message triggering the amp envelope to turn the amp stage on and let the sound pass through. See if that helps. Also, make sure you have your levels and input gain set correctly, or you'll get no sound. Also have to swicth from noise to external in the mixer section. Good luck.

Ape

Message 15/16             02-Aug-03  @  09:45 AM   -   RE: input processing- oh yes!

marianimal

I had a hell of a time when I tried to use external ins before, but I'm about to try it again since upgrading the OS. I'll let you know what happens.

Message 16/16             05-Aug-03  @  10:30 AM   -   RE: input processing- oh yes!

panama

thanks. made a mental note for when I track
again. hopefully it will work.

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot