aaa no way... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: no way...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 07-Apr-03  @  02:11 PM   -   no way...

Maarten

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

.. should these parts be sooo quiet for soo long  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/16             09-Apr-03  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: no way...

a.d.d.

Link?:  No link

oh, and i think the sequencer rocks. its just the note entry method that sucks(what were they thinkin'?). other than that little foible its 10x better than the 303's.

Message 12/16             09-Apr-03  @  08:55 AM   -   RE: no way...

Maarten

Link?: Link

OK, I've never used a 777... but you can't go saying that the seq. is better. Roland had fucked up with the 303's sequencer but they fucked up with luck on their(+my?)side. I can hardly imagine that FR have succesfully emulated the seq of the 303 (it's quality is based on a mistake, a technical fuck-up, and if indeed they havn't you could only comment that it's different- better?.. doubtfull. But hey, 'better' is pretty much related to taste in this case...
Don't get me wrong, I'm enough of a gearwhore to want a 777 for sure. But if I would be on stage (regardless of the sequencer) I don't want to be screwing around with those 30+ knobs to have a 303 emulated the way it should... the audience would have walked away hearing the rest loop for so long.  

Soooo as I was saying... first a 2nd 303, then we'll see. It's only a matter of time that my gf will knock my teeth out if I come home with much more equipment.

Message 13/16             09-Apr-03  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: no way...

a.d.d.

can the 303 write patterns and change loop points during playback? can it transpose patterns up or down 36 half-steps? can it shift a pattern forward or backward while playing? don't get me wrong, i'm not dissing the 303 at all, the 777 doesn't replace it.

Message 14/16             09-Apr-03  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: no way...

Maarten

Link?: Link

I know.. just enjoying this discussion ;). cv-gate mod would be helpfull too on a second one... maybe a doepfer maq16/3 hooked up to it.. yum. But again, the one I have now will not get any holes screwed into it- no way.

Message 15/16             09-Apr-03  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: no way...

Digital Dick

Who cares about 303's. Sounds soooo 1994. Dance music has moved on from Hardfloor/acid lines. Did you not realise?

Message 16/16             09-Apr-03  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: no way...

Maarten

Link?:  Link

Ohh kewl, more discussion, thank you!  
You're exactly right, music has moved on... it has moved on long since the TR drummachines started to get used aswell.But only a troll would say that you are allowed to do only one certain 'thing' with what remains to be an instrument.

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)