aaa Sonic Infringement (3 slices) - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Sonic Infringement (3 slices)

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 22-Apr-06  @  10:17 PM   -   Sonic Infringement (3 slices)

Maarten

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Uploaded a new set, 37 minutes in total chopped in three chunks... two short instances in there where there's a bit of a fight between the Pro-One and Syncussion- barely leaving a free frequency in the low range, not sure if I'm bothered enough to edit it out though. Anyway, enjoy- if you don't feel like listening to all three, I like the second and third parts best but you do get thrown directly into the violence though

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/18             29-Apr-06  @  03:36 AM   -   RE: Sonic Infringement (3 slices)

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

Blimey! Now I see what is for!

I'm lis lis listenin enin ening tto it nnow.

I'm wearing phones and the missus keeps looking at me with a concerned expression! Manic, manic...and you said Running Late was a bit too chaotic????? eh?! That's about being late driving an old car. This end bit is like being in a major car crash! Motorway stuff. Pow pow pow, smash smash smash.

I did get bored with the start first time (so many tunes go no further), but once I'd heard the later stuff I went back and listened to the whole thing - feet up, malt, etc.

Sounds like you've an affectation for the medication!

Maybe I'm in an odd mood, but I don't usually enjoy this sort of bashing this much! Exceptional blast out. Shame a familly has moved in next door, or I'd be whacking this down the valley!

Btw, hope you didn't do all this under phones! If you did you're ears must be totally shagged or made of titanium or something!!!

Towards the end now - is that blood oozing out of my ears?

Unexpected end.

Message 12/18             30-Apr-06  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: Sonic Infringement (3 slices)

Influx

the entire mix sounds like it's clipping to me, man. I love distortion but (I think Ive said this before) to my ears you completely overdo it.

even looking at the cheap spectrum display in Winamp, it shows overload almost across the board.

do you strap a distortion effect on the whole mix?

REALLY cool programming, lots of ideas...I would just like it to sound better. Sounds way overcompressed on the mains, too...can hear it pumping although that might be intentional.

Message 13/18             03-May-06  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: Sonic Infringement (3 slices)

Maarten

Thanks for the listen influx, yeah- you mentioned it before and I still see you have a valid point there. Certainly- and maybe the pumping your refering to is emphasized there- two parts where the syncussion kicks and the pro-one bass just eat eachother up. Been doing my head in trying to get it to sound smooth(er). Anyway, as stated earlier- I wasn't bothered enough to take it out or keep tweaking it. If you mean start to end completly I guess I need yet more practice on my mix techniques   There's no distortion on the main mix mind you, only occasionaly on the kicks, some of the bass parts and the breaks with the extreme filtering.

Message 14/18             07-May-06  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: Sonic Infringement (3 slices)

Influx

yeah, I meant the whole mix. i can understand not wanthing to fix little parts.

if no one else mentioned it, just ignore me

Message 15/18             08-May-06  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: Sonic Infringement (3 slices)

Maarten

No, I won't ignore you, that would be foolish- I realise that the mix has much room for improvement, it's just that, certainly the last bit where I throw in both syncussion kicks over eachother, it does get far too muddy. At the same time I was almost 30 minues into the recording and took it for granted... listening back I should redo it and stick to a single kick at a time. It's funny though- and I'm not so ignorant to only blame hardware- I borrowed a Mackie desk a few weeks ago and incomparison to the Yamaha O1v, it lets you get away with this sort of thing alot easier- don't know the technicalities but it almost seems as if that desk auto-adjusts the opposing frequencies and gives one of the two more room. As I hooked up the O1v again it was something that was so obvious. Still, the parametric EQ and dynamics per channel is something on the yamaha still keeping me from switching to an analog desk. Anyway, too lazy to go back to the drawing board on this set but turning down the gain on all the channels and taking this into practise right now with my new -under construction- material.

Message 16/18             09-May-06  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: Sonic Infringement (3 slices)

Musineer Productions

Whilst influx has a valid point, to my ears it's occasionally good to hear distortion in the mix for this type of music. Wouldn't like a whole night of it, but somehow it worked for me with this track.

It's over-the-top, extreme, raw - and I liked it the more for it.

It's not often I listen that type of sound, or even to a whole tune, but I did with this one.

If you do refine your style, don't lose the 'whatever it is'.

Message 17/18             15-May-06  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: Sonic Infringement (3 slices)

nutoniom

this is is lovely. i can hear you fine

ok, you're nuts

wow

don't change anything, it's perfect

Message 18/18             16-May-06  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: Sonic Infringement (3 slices)

Moujik

I've only listened to the first part but really liked it - definately need to find time to listen to the rest.

I envisioned it more in a club/live set environment where the over-the-topness would definately be a plus. I also think for this sort of thing it's quite nice to get a few "fight between the Pro-One and Syncussion" moments - gives it a more spontaneous/organic feel, rather than having been sequenced & edited to death.

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot