aaa 7161 artist pages - your views on update options? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 7161 artist pages - your views on update options?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 16-Jun-07  @  05:28 PM   -   7161 artist pages - your views on update options?

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

we dont expect a big response to this, but, recently there's been many reports in news columns and tv of myspace alternatives, and how people are leaving myspace for a few alternative sites, it made me think

1. already my kid and other people are saying it's too big now and you cant be found by people

2. myspace filled up so fast within a year after hype on news sections globaly, so it could also fall out of favour now reports are appearing saying people are starting to migrate to other networking sites

given that should we open 7161 up more and streamline it and add in some features to bow to the whole networking thing that people are used to on other sites, but keep it simple... or should we?

so... already since 7161 opened you can clip artists/bands into an artist basket which you can see if logged in, but these clipped users dont appear for display on artist pages as mates/freinds or whatever, so should we go for that and might it not be good to be able to have links on your artist page to other users on the site you like or who like your stuff, more ways for people to discover stuff mebbe?

whaddya think?

I also thought we can add an extra admin section for pasting in Youtube video embed code so users can add & display any video they have hosted at youtube as well as added 7161 hosted video which we might open up to all users on the condition it is for band videos only and not clips of japanese soap manga operas or a friend talking shite at a webcam

here's the test page anyways, I added some users to my basket which display under the HOOKUPS column: TEST ARTIST/USER PAGE

this would be the standard artist page and we'd have to make a new more fast loading main site menu bit to go above that.

this test page can be set to load all the colours that a user sets for their homepage admin so it could be done so like myspace & bebo etc the artist can decide the colour, banner etc

do you think having that ability for site contained artist-pages to have custom colours is good or not good?

any thoughts please people?

sometimes the test page might load an error or look wierd if it's being worked on at the time you load it.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/19             06-Jul-07  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: 7161 artist pages - your views on update optio

k

www.7161.com/css_index.cfm

story so far, beta, white pages

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/19             07-Jul-07  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: 7161 artist pages - your views on update optio

dj breed

Link?: Link

i like the idea of being able to have links to others on 7161 that i like or that like my stuff and also would like to be able to embed utube vids that i have done for my music and maybe have a small featured bit on the front page that changes every time ya reload it,maybe showing three artists or something but dont mess with it too much i like 7161 the way it is,just my two pennies worth

Message 13/19             07-Jul-07  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: 7161 artist pages - your views on update optio

k

i've been doin a bit more and i'm finding it easier to browse tracks & find stuff.. we just gotta go thro and check genres cos some people's ideas of what genre their tracks should be in is rediculous

we need to prune the genres down i think so there is less choices

Message 14/19             08-Jul-07  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: 7161 artist pages - your views on update optio

k

btw... yes Breed, good stuff!... we're already adding the youtube bit!... you'll get a section in your admin where you can paste in youtube vid embed codes and build up a list of youtube vids, like adding gallery images or whatever.

btw, did you see the SKINS bit on the top-right of the new 7161?... hehe, i added a black & white skin so far but we could add a few others, but the skin colour is all over-ridden if you open an artist details page cos the artist-page displays the added homepage colours, image/banner etc.

7161 always had an artist & track basket, but perhaps it was too complicated to use, now it'll be easier. I really like the idea that I can see artists that you or other users like and check them out

Message 15/19             09-Jul-07  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: 7161 artist pages - your views on update options?

rags .aka. welder

Link?: Link

Hmmm, nice, I like the green letters on black background skin, sortof "oldschool"

Message 16/19             09-Jul-07  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: 7161 artist pages - your views on update optio

k

heh.. yeah

Message 17/19             11-Jul-07  @  05:20 AM   -   RE: 7161 artist pages - your views on update optio

djbreed

yeah lovin the 2nd skin too..nice idea

Message 18/19             04-Sep-07  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: 7161 artist pages - your views on update options?

ruth_pile

Link?:  No link

For what it's worth (i know i haven't bin here that long!) but loving the site and glad it hasn't gone too far along the road toward myspace!!

Message 19/19             05-Sep-07  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: 7161 artist pages - your views on update optio

k

well the new stuff is coming good!!!.... but we're not gonna reveal it yet. but yes youtube or google video addition is go! we're not gonna go too far down the mycrap route, just make interaction between users easier, voting easier, adding comments easier etc

hi Ruth btw... you must be lurking... do you make music? do you realise your current user-profile TYPE doesnt allow adding music ? - we can change that for you if you wanna add some tracks or mixes

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot