aaa Trance & Hardhouse claps ?? - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 30-Jan-02  @  12:28 AM   -   Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

Andy

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi, Does anybody know were I can get claps you here in Trance and Hardhouse tracks? I don't mean the standard 909 clap , but long snappy one's I here. Is it a special drum machine that they use? If so which one? I have a couple of sample cd's, but not 1 decent clap on it. Can anyone help?
Andy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/39             03-Feb-02  @  10:52 AM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

Maarten

Link?: Link

Exactly, Dance MegaDrumsII sample CD... nice! + maybe a good h/w compressor, haven't done much with s/w compressors but the TC Triple*C is cheap as hell in NL at the moment, bought one recently and sure adds the bang etc to me samples.

Message 12/39             03-Feb-02  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

monkeyboy

Link?:  Link

if it's of any interest to anybody, there's a simmons clap trap on ebay (u.k)at the moment...last time i looked it was at around the £30 mark...dunno what they usually sell for?

Message 13/39             04-Feb-02  @  12:31 AM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

djfunk

Are you saying that a compressor and a sample cd are all you need to get those hard hitting claps??
I'm really not that sure. I've tried several times using compression (don't have a hardware compressor, so I don't know about that) reverb, etc. but no luck. I haven't tried the samples K put up here, but I think you need to have some very good samples to start out with or it will just come out sounding like crap. Can any of you post an example of a before and after treatment ? and what stuff you used to do it. That would really help.
Andy

Message 14/39             04-Feb-02  @  05:37 PM     Edit: 04-Feb-02  |  05:39 PM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

milan

i´m posting no files, but it took me less than a minute to come up with the sound you´re looking for. its quite simple really. read and emulate:

clap with medium decay, a touch of dark reverb on it, about 0,7 seconds. then compressed to jesus- high ratio, very low treshold, zero attack and very short release. what happens is that you attenuate the attack of the clap, which is normaly loud, and let the decay pass thru louder than usual, tnx to fast release time. play with treshhold and release untill its perfect.

geddit? i could post you the example, but its SO much more fun if you do it yourself, dont you agree Guys?

cheers, M.

Message 15/39             05-Feb-02  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

djfunk

Hi Milan, thanks for explaining it, but could you be more specific on what type of compressor you used and what kind of clap you worked with. It’s not that I don’t believe you, but I need to know all the details so that I can try it out myself. I only have a software compressor and some standard claps (mostly 909 stuff). Thanks for your help.
Andy

Message 16/39             05-Feb-02  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

d

Link?:  No link

milan's a notorious liar, you were right to call him out like that. the clap you're after can't be done.

Message 17/39             05-Feb-02  @  01:20 AM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

influx

funk, I think you just need to work a bit more. milans point was that handing it to you probably won't teach you much

perhaps you could find one of those claps youre talking about in a track context and just sample it? hmmmm

Message 18/39             05-Feb-02  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

milan

yes, but what sampler for claps? he needs more information than that.

actually... HEY ANDY, now that you know that only us TOP PROS are able to recreate that perfect handclap sound, within our MULTIMILLIONDOLLARRR STUDIOS, i have an ofer for you: sell all your music making gear and send the money to me. i will in turn create a whole sample CD FULL OF CLAPS for you, chromaticaly tuned if you like. we offer not only hardhouse, but also softhouse, boiledhouse, friedhouse and coffeehouse handclaps.

(ok ok, i know i flipped out... but doesnt it piss you off after a while? you all give friendly advice to someone and they are still like "oh, but i want the exact settings in uS and 0.1dB")

i mean c´mon...

Message 19/39             05-Feb-02  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

Maarten

Even I understood your detailed advise M.cheers -M- :P

But seriously, I agree... forget my H/W compressor remark, I've never made use of a s/w one so what the fuck do I know? But if you followed the steps provided and tweek a bit here and there you would probably have found what you're after four posts ago (translated into hours : 100 hardhouse claps).

Message 20/39             06-Feb-02  @  01:18 AM   -   RE: Trance & Hardhouse claps ??

djfunk

C’mon guys. I’m not dissing anyone here. I just asked Milan friendly if he could give me all the details. That’s all. I haven’t had any time these past few days to experiment, but I’ll let you all know the results when I try it all out.
Greetz
Andy

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)