aaa so who plays proper instruments? - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: so who plays proper instruments?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  02:32 PM   -   so who plays proper instruments?

bedwyr

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

hehe! "proper"

anyway, i've played sax in various bands for the last ten years, how about you lot then?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/87             03-Apr-02  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

xoxos

Link?: Link

all of them? i've got a rompler  

Message 12/87             05-Apr-02  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

formant

not me

Message 13/87             05-Apr-02  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

Frostbyte

i could still play Blitzkrieg Bop, can't pick it the same twice tho'  

Message 14/87             05-Apr-02  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

99devils

Guitar, and a little bit of bass. I used to be a really good trumpet player, but I haven't played in years.. I can get intelligible noises out of most brass instruments, except trombone.

-Craig

Message 15/87             13-Apr-02  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sox

Boy, I gotta get out more often...I didn't even notice the Live/Gigging thread.

Drums (26 years and counting),percussion, bass, guitar, keyboard, used to play trumpet. Using MIDI in electronic drumming since '84

sox

Message 16/87             13-Apr-02  @  01:34 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

k

bass, guitar, drums, vocals.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 17/87             13-Apr-02  @  03:18 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitar

You sing K? Yikes.  

I forgot one thing. Not that it matters. I studied sarangi for a short while a few years back. A bowed instrument with a gizillion strings. Painful to play. Beautiful when played well, like any instrument. Sarangi means voice of 100 colors. Didn't get far with it anyway.

K, why don't you do a vocal track for us. People complain that they don't know what you look like. Let us hear you anyway.

Message 18/87             13-Apr-02  @  03:25 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitar

I have to say this just for the record. Everyone knows what you mean by proper instruments, but I think of my synthesizers as proper instruments. In fact having played several proper instruments, I think of my synths as even more challenging and full of possibilities and full of life. I love my synths to death. There's nothing like them. Love at first blurpy little noise.

Message 19/87             13-Apr-02  @  10:30 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

Mindspawn

Preach on, Brother sitar...=)

Pax

Message 20/87             13-Apr-02  @  10:38 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

influx

yeah...I was sitting here thinking the other day...how I missed playing in a band...cuz I get tired of having to "do it all myself" sometimes...(which, funny but, I dropped out of a few bands because I got sick of dealing with other people.) Is there ever a middle ground?

anyway...to do this RIGHT, this electronic music thing...it really does take an immense amount of knowledge, knowhow, and practical application. I mean...most of us are START TO FINISH types....composition, arrangement, engineering, and "production" (oh the connotation!!!!)

so...at this point...instead of me getting down on myself because I cant play bass like that guy from Medeski Martin and Wood, how 'bout I propose a toast to the truly independent DIY folks out there who have spent countless hours learning modulation matrices, mastering techniques, and good ol general recording specifics.

eh?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 87 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot