aaa something interesting from waldorf - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: something interesting from waldorf

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 15-Jan-03  @  06:43 PM   -   something interesting from waldorf

nomad

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

take a look at this...

http://www.waldorf-music.com/afb/

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/29             22-Jan-03  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

Stefan

Link?: Link

I suppose around 2000 $...

Message 12/29             24-Jan-03  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

scrotalsack

Link?:  No link

$2 grand?
no frickin way... you can get a 32 voice Q for a litte more than that... there's no way that thing would be more than $1000.... seriously, no one would buy it if it was more than that.....

Message 13/29             24-Jan-03  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

Stefan

I just calculated the price difference between expanded Q and Q+ because the content of the box IS the difference between Q and Q+ ;-)
I think that Waldorf aims to the professionals market where softsynth are on the march. The AFB might find it's place among the other expensive FX-Boxes like for example a Lexicon PCM81. This thing will be for those who pay 1700 $ for an RME ADI 8 DS AD/DA converter box etc, not for us poor home users ;-)

Message 14/29             28-Jan-03  @  08:30 AM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

Pongoid

The thing I don't get though, is why drop an analog filter into a digital chain? You've got to convert from digital, back into analog, then into digital again...two conversions, two sets of interpolation, two sets of dithering, etc... ewww!!! Pain in the ass as far as I'm concerned. Fuck it, keep it simple.

$.02

Ape

Message 15/29             30-Jan-03  @  04:09 AM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

nothingnewhere

why dont they just make a two (switchable stereo or dual mono) filter box with a sequencer type interface (not software!@#) that clocks to midi. it could have both analog & digital ins/outs and still be cheap as hell. im with horizons too, needs to be more than just lp.

Message 16/29             30-Jan-03  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

milan

i think they already have two filter modules out? the 4-pole and x-pole or something?

Message 17/29             30-Jan-03  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

Stefan

The AFB isn't a simple analog filterbox. You'll be able to modulate the filters from the envelopes, LFOs, Knobs of software synthesizeres that are prepared for it.

Message 18/29             30-Jan-03  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

nothingnewhere

the 4pole and xpole had lfos and maybe envs too i think.

Message 19/29             03-Feb-03  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

Conscience

I'm with Ape...

Message 20/29             04-Feb-03  @  12:00 PM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

Stefan

You have a software synthesizer with digital filters. Filter envelope, cutoff and resonance are programmed in a way that you get a nice filter sweep if you play a note. If you hold that note and play another not it will make a new sweep, same with every new note.
To be able to do this you need a filter per voice.
With theAFB you'll have aa anolog filter per (up to 16) voice(s).

How can you do that with an xpole or 4 pole ?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot