aaa Welcome Me, Dammit - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Welcome Me, Dammit

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 08-Apr-03  @  04:26 AM   -   Welcome Me, Dammit

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

well, I have been welcomed to the waldorf family by a mint condition blue micro q. It arrived today, about 3 weeks after I paid for the damn thing. I got completely what I wasn't expecting out of this piece of kit...got definitley way more than i paid for. In about 5 minutes, i was making patches that have been heard only in my dreams- so fuck off people who say that it's hard to get the hang of!  

well, i love it- and it's sounds will compliment my nova's sounds quite nicely in tracks to come :P

~bs

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/26             10-Apr-03  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

Yeah i need to do some more manual skimmin i guess

here's another little problem: when in unison mode, it cuts off after 3 key presses at once...? i'm not exceeding the maximum voices- whats up>?

Message 12/26             10-Apr-03  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

Stefan

If voices are cut you HAVE exceeded the polyphony maximum.
The voice maximum depends on the complexity of the patch (I estimate 16 voices average). If you have a 6 voice unisono sound you'll exceed the maximum with the 3rd key if the first notes are still in the release phase.

Message 13/26             10-Apr-03  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

milan

screw unison mode anyway. at least i havent felt a need for it yet anyway... make your sounds punchy and propper from the start is ze answer!

Message 14/26             10-Apr-03  @  07:25 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

Broken Silence

yeah i used unison for a while with the nova till i really learned everythin on it and i guess it's kinda the same way with the uQ..

but I have it on 3 unison mode...don't know why that would be succeding it

Message 15/26             10-Apr-03  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

errata

Link?:  No link

I believe filters are voices. Each FM module is a voice... noise, ring mod, etc all voices.

so (a lot of my patches do this) 3 osc's, each with an FM mod, 2 different filters (each with an fm mod), effects, noise, ring mod you're talking like a 15 voice patch.

What's cool is, sometimes I'll get a solid patch going and then (in multi) start playing another and the polyphony issues causes wierd assed flangeing and pitch shifting. I have had some VERY happy accidents this way...

but then, I'm a freak!

e

Message 16/26             11-Apr-03  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

Broken Silence

holy fuck i didnt know all those mattered

isnt that kinda like modular synth or something or other?

so does that make the nova liek 347916418746 voices cause you can do whatever the hell you want with it, granted it doesnt have fm

oh jesus i made the COOLEST lead today used 2 fm oscs and loads of stuff..thats prolly gonna clip out the shit haha-

is there a list somewhere where i can see what is what for voices?

and F U C K unisono, you're absolutley right. I just turned the bitch off all day and made some mad shit that sounded even fatter than unisono.

Message 17/26             11-Apr-03  @  03:30 AM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

Broken Silence

oh yeah and ive got me a problem...gonna start another thread if needed but here goes:

my uQ is noisey. no really noisey. Is there something i did cause it wasnt noticeable at all before. It seems when midi is triggered, its most noisey- if that helps. The noise is like a high pitched ring like noise, not wobbely at all, just like something is interfering, i dunno. Could it be picking up frequencies from the portable phone charger under it? is it a interference problem at all? any of you experienced any noise problems?

Message 18/26             11-Apr-03  @  03:31 AM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

Broken Silence

oh yeah and when i move the outputs it makes white noise like pops..

Message 19/26             11-Apr-03  @  04:05 AM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

errata

Link?:  No link

yeah the waldorf can be sensitive. when i pull out the leads i get that crap, also, when i shut it off it makes this nifty little "I'm sleeping" sound!

Not sure about extra noise like that though. is it on a specicific patch? or no matter what? mine is actually nicely solid state, no problem with external influences.

e

Message 20/26             12-Apr-03  @  04:39 AM   -   RE: Welcome Me, Dammit

Pongoid

If you think that's fresh, check out the big Q. ;)

Ape

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot