aaa Why I'm Over The Virus - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Why I'm Over The Virus

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 16-Apr-03  @  04:05 PM   -   Why I'm Over The Virus

A Hater

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I've tried, I swear to god I've tried. But, I just don't like The Virus anymore. I have a Virus B and I'm just not convinced by it anymore. I think its great for Trance and possibly Jungle. The Virus is amazing for pads but that's it! Ask it to do some housey sounding stuff like nice, warm keyboard type sounds and it fails in my book. I don't rate it for bass either!

"YOU FOOL" I hear you cry. "YOU'VE probably never tweaked a preset" I hear you mutter. Thing is I have delved deep into the virus but just can't come up with anything that sits in the mix.

I'm not some newbie either. I've had 10 house tracks out over 2.5 years. One even got played on Pete Tongs show on radio one, late last year.

I'm selling it this weekend. I'll just stick to soft synths from now on.

Goodbye Access - you were a waste of £800. See ya!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/37             19-Apr-03  @  05:47 AM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

psylichon

Link?: Link

I'm not a "house" guy, so can you tell me what kind of sounds you're missing out on? If it's organ and electric piano sounds you're going for, pretty much any VA will do those with aplomb.

I have trouble getting my Nova NOT to sound like an organ or electric piano. Now, I know the virus is "harder" an' all that, but geez dude. Throw some Chorus or Leslie plugin on it and quit bitching. You know it's the "indian" and not the "arrow".

Yeah, i been drinking, so what? Why do I even read these forums??  

psy

Message 12/37             19-Apr-03  @  07:19 AM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

influx

Link?: Link

cuz you need something to bitch about when you been drinkin?;)

Message 13/37             19-Apr-03  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

swanofnever

or better yet, why not make something house-LIKE, but with fresh/weird sounds instead of the usual cliches?

a month or two ago i heard a few tracks off [some dude from montreal]'s album, ALL tracks made using ONLY tiny snippets (<1sec) from random radio stations, and -- it was REALLY good. like, good, groovin music. very catchy, not pretentious, and new/good.

it wasn't typical house, but it would definitely get played at house-playing places.

raigan

Message 14/37             21-Apr-03  @  09:15 PM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

scrotalsack

this thread is so *ballsack*

i had to sell my beloved vB for money to the taxman....
and ive been a sad little camper ever since.  

Message 15/37             22-Apr-03  @  10:01 AM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

A Hater

What on earth do you lot know about house music?

I mean, I bet nobody here on this post could list some current "up-to-date", "cutting edge" house producers.

Carry on with your trance and jungle music.

Message 16/37             22-Apr-03  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

k

ewwwwwwwwwwww.... (holds out pink handbag!)

Message 17/37             22-Apr-03  @  11:26 AM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

Steve Roughley

Ooohhh... DEAR!

Steve.

Message 18/37             22-Apr-03  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

A Hater

See!!!! I told you!!! Bah!!! I am the greatest virus hater in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stick with your virus you "epic" heads.

ps - I'm just too organic.

Message 19/37             22-Apr-03  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

Broken Silence

i have two words for you:

FUCK. OFF.

and no one cares if you can't tweak for shit/ know nothing about synthesis. go cry somewhere else.

Message 20/37             22-Apr-03  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: Why I'm Over The Virus

A Hater

I know that an Osc generates a waveform that gets shaped by a filter that gets passed through an amplitude envelope.

As I said, I'm just too god damn organic, man!

ps - all trolls hate trance.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)