aaa Anyone still use a Bstation? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Anyone still use a Bstation?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 18-Jun-03  @  11:03 PM   -   Anyone still use a Bstation?

Bastiaan

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I just wanted to tell you all I'm still in love with mine...still I find it hard to 'smooth' out its sound in the lower registers...it's sounding a bit 'rumbling' not smooth...Any tips?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/20             26-Jun-03  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

dubmunkey

Link?:  No link

yup, love mine- have to agree i had an astat first but fell in luv with the apparant analogueness of it- sounds lush- 303 emus? course not but the emu's ive attempted always sound good as stock sounds....

i find i need eq to smooth it as well as a bit of comp, but basses it can do- but ive found it best for bloops and leads...of course with an mt-2 and some delay your away...

bring back the bs!

greg

Message 12/20             28-Jun-03  @  11:07 AM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

bastiaan

It's the filter that a bit weird...when you open it up it seems to me not only does it 'add' more high end it also seems to cut some of the low end. Am I making sense? Still I like it best in mid range sounds..

Message 13/20             30-Jun-03  @  01:21 PM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

dubmunkey

yeah i found the best bass sounds involved a lot of filtering and then external eq to shape it further....nice oscs though

greg

Message 14/20             30-Jun-03  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

dan-s

I miss mine so much. I had to sell her when I was in need of money.  

Message 15/20             03-Jul-03  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

bastiaan

Look what they've done at novation...

Message 16/20             03-Jul-03  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

bastiaan

[img] http://images.synthplanet.com/novation/bassstation.jpg [/img]

Message 17/20             03-Jul-03  @  11:00 PM     Edit: 04-Jul-03  |  01:20 PM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

Bastiaan

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Yes,it's our baby reduced to digital crap.... ;(

Message 18/20             04-Jul-03  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

nickb

Hi all,

as you can see from Bastiaan's post, we are releasing a new VST / Audio Unit plug in based around the Bass Station. As you can see from the picture above it looks very similar to the hardware original but has a few differences to improve the ease of use - envelope 1&2 and oscillator 1&2 controls are now separated rather than having common controls and a select switch. Like the Bass Station, this will be a monophonic instrument but of course you can run multiple instances of this plug-in. Because it is monotimbral the CPU processing power is next to nothing. We will have more information on this plug in on our website http://www.novationmusic.com very soon.

Best regards,

Nick Bookman.

Message 19/20             04-Jul-03  @  01:20 PM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

Bastiaan

Nick, don't take that 'crap' comment of mine too serious..will ya?

Message 20/20             04-Jul-03  @  02:28 PM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

Deano

Ahh, but will it have a mind of it's own?

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)