aaa SX 2 who's got it? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: SX 2 who's got it?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 27-Nov-03  @  01:12 PM   -   SX 2 who's got it?

k

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

hmmmm very nice

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/56             28-Nov-03  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

milan

Link?: Link

can you adjust the volume on all channels with one click yet? like, sellect all faders and move them or something?

Message 12/56             28-Nov-03  @  12:26 PM     Edit: 28-Nov-03  |  12:26 PM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

dARKSTATe

Ah.. checked it out with RAT the other night... looks tasty...

Now if the hardware controller support (Mackie Control, Shuttle Pro etc.) is better than in SX 1 that will be sweet!

Milan.. stick with Logic mate... don't do us any favours...

Message 13/56             28-Nov-03  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

k

question - how the hell do you now SET TEMPO TO OBJECT - like you set a loop of audio or a audio part/region and it was so easy in the old one to set tempo to that loop

how? ne1?

I REALLY need to know this one please asap - i just cannot find it in SX2 - worse - i find that if I loop a portion of the track and then change the tempo on the transport, the bloody audio wave shortens too - I do NOT want that to happen

Message 14/56             28-Nov-03  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

m

k not sure about that, i never noticed loops changing lengths tho, SX2 has a timwarp tool maybe thats what you need.

influx, process audio in the audio menu. the right click toolbox is optional, by default you still get the drop menu

milan you could link some or all channels in the mixer.

Message 15/56             28-Nov-03  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

k

well this is ludicrous - that was one of the most used parts of Cubase... well for me anyways cos you could import a loop and quickly set the SONG tempo to the loop - damn!

Message 16/56             28-Nov-03  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

Influx

milan...you can adjust all faders by shift clicking the ones you want, then "link"

Message 17/56             28-Nov-03  @  11:46 PM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

m

what about just stretching the part to fit?

Message 18/56             01-Dec-03  @  11:28 PM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

R.A.T.

So K, are you trying to get Cubase to set the tempo of song to the tempo of the loop ? Rather than timestretch the loop to the tempo of the song ?

(Untie tounge) Don't think there is a setting for it, although I'm sure I read in a review that this had been added back into SX2 after being dropped in SX1. Can't find anything in a scan of the manual.

However, if you select the loop you want and press 'P' to set the markers either side, then go into 'Timestretch' it will show you the temp of the loop. Just plop that into the Cubase tempo and shove the sample to the start of a bar.

Must say I'm well happy with SX2, had to wait a while for ESI to fix my STI card drivers but it was well worth it, it just feels 'right', a big impovement over SX1 withouth changing too much or creating a steep learning curve I love the way the FX work now, much more in line with my sound mangling habbits, even though it uses slightly more CPU power I can use send FX much more effectivly and actually use less. Audio routing is quite inspirational too.

And I swear it sounds a little bit chrisper than SX1, maybe its my rose tinted spectacles.

Reminds me of one of my favorite bits of graffiti I found in a hospital bog:

'NO NURSE, I SAID REMOVE HIS SPECTACLES AND PRICK HIS BOIL!!!"

Message 19/56             02-Dec-03  @  08:06 PM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

K

Oddly it works fine with my old St-audio WDM drivers

Message 20/56             03-Dec-03  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: SX 2 who's got it?

dARKSTATe

You're kidding right? At what bitrate, sample depth, and driver mode??

That's freaky shit if it is in Asio(WDM) mode with low latency becoz apparently EVERYONE with the old 7.02.014 drivers has had grief!

Feck for that very reason, I didn't even bother until RAT gave me the headz up about the interim-fix drivers that STAudio boshed out until the "proper" ESI EDWM drivers are ready!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 56 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)