aaa bask in this my minions! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: bask in this my minions!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 25-Jan-04  @  04:17 PM   -   bask in this my minions!

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  File

80_detuned_saws.mp3
To my amazement, many of you haven't heard what a REAL supersaw is!

So I took some time out of my schedule and did a little JP-8080 demo for fun.

It's PURE JP- no extras. I didn't even use the onboard chorus- no extra effects- I did use the onboard delay. No reverb etc etc

I used the onboard treble control to bump it up a bit..

So here it is EIGHTY detuned saws..singing for you. Yep, 8-0- .... enjoy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/65             26-Jan-04  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

cydonia cell

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Sounds cool enough, yep! but I too wonder at whether the extra oscillators are actualy doing much... same thing can be done with 3.

and I knwo you weren't selling the sound as creative genious. I'm a glutton for bass me'self. But I prefer my basses with some interesting elements that due more than give me "E" sick on the dancefloor... hehehe

p

Message 12/65             26-Jan-04  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

RagnarOk

Link?: Link

File?:  File

unthinkable.mp3

Ahha! Thanks for clearing this up.
Now guess what kind of synth is this!

Message 13/65             27-Jan-04  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

cydonia cell

Is it FM?... that little bell rise at the tail sounds damned DX!

e

Message 14/65             27-Jan-04  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

milan

its a freebie done with synthedit featuring heavy distortion?

Message 15/65             27-Jan-04  @  11:53 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

Rags

Reason Subtractor with 16 additional "unison notes" and a waveshaper/filter combo.

Message 16/65             27-Jan-04  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

milan

haha... i thought it might be a waveshaper (amongst other distortion types  )

hmm.. doesnt sound as phat either, but an interesting exercise nonetheless. how about we post some more examples and people tell if its s/w, h/w or what?

i was actually doing some analysing of vsti's few days ago to see how basic waveforms compare to each other and noticed few interesting things. mebbe i'll post a file of that and you all guess what it is?

Message 17/65             27-Jan-04  @  01:16 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

RagnarOk

Bring 'em on!

Message 18/65             27-Jan-04  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

influx

Link?:  Link

heh. laughing at pongoids response. NOTHING escapes your wrath, eh?

a simple "yawn" woulda sufficed, but no...you gotta attack the individual behind it, and the very essence of the whole thing...as if enjoying a supersaw preset from a JP is akin to criminality and the epitome of mediocrity.

make everyone feel as small as possible! what a goal!

Message 19/65             27-Jan-04  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

Pongoid

*Yawns*

Dude...shut up. You know how I feel about trance. Don't get me fuckin started. I didn't call Broken jack shit. You're trying to insinuate I did, so...you're the shit stirrer here. I just said I didn't think the sound was anything but total cheese. You don't like the way I said it then fuck you. It's your problem. Everybody else seemed to have gotten over it. Why can't you?

Ape

Message 20/65             28-Jan-04  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

milan

may i add another *yawn* to your conversation as its all been covered before a number of times?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 65 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)