aaa 7161 streamlined a bit... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 7161 streamlined a bit...

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 03-Jul-06  @  11:45 AM   -   7161 streamlined a bit...

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

yeah as u can see, it's been trimmed down to make sections load faster... hope this makes things a bit easier

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/21             04-Jul-06  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

k

yeah, i gerget i'm on a 21" screen @ 1280 x 1024 perhaps we can small-en the 8 icons

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/21             06-Jul-06  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

nutoniom

Link?: Link

k wrote:

so guys, yknow.... no-one hardly supports the site anymore except newcomers who use the site but dont post cos theres no community as far as they can see to join in with...

you mean the regulars didn't chip in ? wtf? I'm reaching my limit and will be taking another slice soon.

As for the community thing, you need some sticky thread explaining the newcomer where he has landed. a sort of faq/history thing.

the design is fine, but yeah slim those buttons, they're all i see when i get to the page (i'm on a 15 inch 640x480) you thought i was deaf? i'm a bit blind too

Message 13/21             06-Jul-06  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

k

i'm on a 15 inch 640x480

good god Carruthers! Have u tried Specsavers?

Message 14/21             06-Jul-06  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

k

also prolly it's a good time to slim down the forums now there's a comprehensive search people can use.. it's kinda nice to my way of thinking to have the ability to browse cubase, logic, synth or whatever seperately... but it's prolly better to blend all the synth stuff into one synth-forum, all the pc related stuff inc' s/w to a single pc-forum etc and cut it right down to about 6 sections or so

whaddya think?

Message 15/21             06-Jul-06  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

Moujik

If it were me, I'd probably keep separate "Tracks " and "Rant/Drivel" forums, but consolidate the rest down to 2 or 3 like "PC Tech" (all computer hardware & software) "Hardware" (synths, smaplers, mixers etc) and "Technique".

I think the multi-forum stucture worked well when there was more traffic, but seems a bit redundant now - I don't think there had been a posting on the Clavia forum for a year at the start of June.

Anyway, just my $0.02...

Message 16/21             06-Jul-06  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

k

actualy traffics not down except for regulars..., but yes i agree, tech, pc, synth and a few others

Message 17/21             06-Jul-06  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

Rags .aka. Welder

Well, I would say:

- "Tracks" and "Music tech" should stay how it is
- specific hardware and software related topics could maybe be merged into one "software specific" one "hardware specific" forum.
- the mixing forum.. well, I dunno, sometimes there are some good discussion going on there, so I would leave that intact, or maybe change it to "techniques" or "tips and tricks" or whatever...

Drums, guitars, DJ, noticeboard, Theory, they're pretty specific, and not much is going on there, but they don't do any harm either.

my 2c...

Message 18/21             07-Jul-06  @  02:48 AM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

Musineer Productions

Hmmm, fuss bother and itch.

I preferred either version to the:

The connection has timed out

The server at www.7161.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

that I'm currently getting. Why has no-one else mentioned this? Is it only me? Paranoia creeping in...

I take back my comments about the boxes...they're just perfect! I've not got a static IP, so how do you know it's me? I've deleted all cookies/temps/etc. Still it's not there. I've tried Soundclick but it's not the same...Channel 4 was a droop...do I really have to tart myself about the web looking for an alternative fix?

Getting cold clammy and shakey man!

Message 19/21             07-Jul-06  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

k

guys, it's cos the liquidmix stuff caned our bandwidth totaly, so we've had to move all current video files to filefactory servers... we are getting a new pipe & rack in the next few weeks, until then, sorry... it has been down in the last 24hrs quite a few times

Message 20/21             10-Jul-06  @  05:26 PM     Edit: 10-Jul-06  |  05:30 PM   -   RE: 7161 streamlined a bit...

Zazza

Link?:  No link

Well,

a) the button for the forums is teenytiny Why?

and the buttons for the sections are

a) a bit TOO BIG
b) A bit obscure.. prime cuts, comps ?

why not make them the more like the dance electronice/rock/world thingies?

and add in a Forums Button!

I agree, cutting down the number of forums is a good idea.. concentrate the chat dude!

I've also done some tweaking on the server and haven't seen any '7161 died' emails in my inbox for a fair few hours... which is nice...

And YEAH, random tracks! Latest tracks! If you cut down the massive killer gigantobuttons a bit...

And, a LOGOUT link would be good.

And 'My Favourite artists' list that other people can see...
;)

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)