aaa finally got a tune up!! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: finally got a tune up!!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 11-Jun-07  @  02:24 PM   -   finally got a tune up!!

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

i thought i'd get one of my tunes finished and uploaded- always asking for tips but never sharing my wares:

called

two days of blood

found here:

www.myspace.com/lordtoranagamusic

the dub kicks in after a few minutes....

would appreciate thoughts/comments... if its better not to link to myspace ill sort out an alternative link

laterz
greg

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/20             15-Jun-07  @  10:54 AM   -   RE: finally got a tune up!!

monkeybasket2001

This is really nice & (to my ears) pretty authentic sounding.

Only thing I would comment on is that is sounds very 'clean' - if it were me, I'd be tempted to dirty some of the sounds up a bit.

But really good work nonetheless
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think that is a fair comment, although i wanted fidelity i want tone as well and would prefer it a little more dusty- problem is how?

anything ive done to the whole mix to make it sound more 'vinyl-y' is too full on and ruins the balance of the mix- i guess what i need to do is work on an eq curve to make it sound more retro- in fact i think if i could make anything sound like an old record i'd be away (its the sound im always going for in my stuff)

thanks for listening-

Message 12/20             15-Jun-07  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: finally got a tune up!!

k

Link?:  Link

i dunno tho, cos this would play well thru a big sound system where the grit would be added by the pa system

i think it takes a while to get going, but it is ideal for a vocal or some solo instrument before the dub kicks in, it just takes a while to get into it

authentic sound tho, nice!

we made it a Juicy Prime Cut btw

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/20             15-Jun-07  @  01:21 PM   -   RE: finally got a tune up!!

monkeybasket2001

cheers K much appreciated!

and the PA thing- yeah i noticed a dn'b beat i was trying to tweak sounded great when i slammed it through a PA...gave me that 'club' sound (bizarrely
) i was always trying to get in my beats have yet to hear it through a real heavy system though so aren't sure if the subs are too big or not big enough

i have vocals in the process- this is like the 'version' er...version... the b-side hehehe....

Message 14/20             15-Jun-07  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: finally got a tune up!!

k

yeah noobs often cant appreciate how big something raw and basic sounds on a club system so they over-fill things

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/20             15-Jun-07  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: finally got a tune up!!

milan

Link?: Link

Cha! tis a proppa dub i tell ya!

yeah man, very nice... got me swaying to da riddim and all... i could swear you're jamaican  

oh yeah, and it sounds plenty massive on my speakers, so job well done there!

Message 16/20             15-Jun-07  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: finally got a tune up!!

monkeybasket2001

yeah noobs often cant appreciate how big something raw and basic sounds on a club system so they over-fill things
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

a big problem of mine, taking stuff beyond the loop the level but also leaving the loop alone and being happy that its enough to carry a tune for a few bars...im always wrestling with this - especially one-shot sounds - some tunes you listen to are so sparse but everything works so it somehow holds your interest...

>>>>>>>>>>>>
oh yeah, and it sounds plenty massive on my speakers, so job well done there!

>>>>>>>

cheers mate, i really do appreciate you guys listening- since we've conversed for so long and have always admired your chops....

yay-hoo!! dead happy!!

Message 17/20             05-Jul-07  @  12:40 PM   -   RE: finally got a tune up!!

k

any more mate?, thats a great track

Message 18/20             06-Jul-07  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: finally got a tune up!!

GrooveMonkey

Link?: Link

Nice dub! Me likey!

but you need more of those cool dub delays!

really diggin the bass

G

Message 19/20             10-Jul-07  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: finally got a tune up!!

monkeybasket2001

any more mate?, thats a great track
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ive got more in the offing-

i am mr loop...ill get my drums, bass, chords and stuff down- do a quick mix to get my sound and then.... !?!?!?!?!?!? yeah i get stuck- shelve it and start on something else....

that tune was a perfect example- the foundation being written over a year ago on my mpc! dug it out one day and the rest wrote itself... its something i may return to but am trying not to- art never being finished just abandoned hehehe

so yeah but not really dub as im also a genre whore- a lot of my stuff at the mo is the acid jazz side of downtempo (ie slightly faster, swung beats - not nu jazz or triphop), i have my hiphop stuff i do for a group called SOG, a few drum n bass tunes in the offing, still trying to crack the house formula and now recently have done a bit of film soundtrack work... phew busy man!!

really appreciate you listening/commenting

greg

Message 20/20             10-Jul-07  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: finally got a tune up!!

monkeybasket2001

Nice dub! Me likey!

but you need more of those cool dub delays!

really diggin the bass

G
>>>>>>>>>>

cheers G, the dub delays are from http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml

awesome stuff- believe i used th EchoLive plug on an insert - some of my fave plugs are these!!

another good one is dubstation http://www.audiodamage.com/effects/product.php?pid=AD006 - the loop element

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)