aaa the homepages... slight return - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: the homepages... slight return

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 06-Jun-09  @  10:47 AM   -   the homepages... slight return

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

ok. we're gonna start resurrecting meantime the old ones are at you old address, except now it is

www.dancetech.com/users/your_old_homepage_name

or

www.7161.com/users/your_old_homepage_name

new templates and faster pages and other tweaks will be added over forthcoming weeks

homepage admin will be not be added and visible yet tho so you cant edit anything yet, cos that needs reworking

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/24             04-Jun-10  @  06:19 AM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

rags .aka. welder

Link?: Link

Sign me up!

Message 12/24             05-Jun-10  @  07:03 AM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

nutoniom

Sign me up too, althoughtI have to be the worst guinea pig in historuy : ) !

Message 13/24             05-Jun-10  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

k

ok will do - nutoniom, you already are switched on

but i wanna do some final tweaks first.... nutoniom suggested for example ability to add FAVICON add ability which i thin is a good one, especialy for those steering a domain.

also need to setup the new admin section to add social links so they appear on your pages

also i think having abilioty to add description and keywords for the site headers is another feature to add

when i've done those we start beta ok

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/24             07-Jun-10  @  12:53 AM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

nutoniom

Do you want me to transform into a guitar user or something ?

I'm a bit lost as what you want me to test.

Message 15/24             07-Jun-10  @  10:36 AM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

k

well you kinda alredy did it, so for you, i'll be adding in those extras like favicon etc so you can update and adjust those things

what i need is also people to create from scratch and go thru the whole process

i'll prolly try and recruit some guitarists from other forums to test the guitarist templates if they want one.

Message 16/24             09-Jun-10  @  03:55 AM     Edit: 09-Jun-10  |  03:57 AM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

nutoniom

you implemented the favicon, yay!

edit: I went to : Edit Banner/BG + Extras, but didn't see it, is it somewhere else ?

Message 17/24             14-Jun-10  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

info

not yet, but i will

been adding the upodated forum

here's the test account so far using the marshall template:

http://www.7161.com/users/The_Screaming_Violets/

Message 18/24             24-Jul-10  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

k

File?:  [image]

[image file]

ok Nutoniom! sorted! - favicon for all templates - here it is on the track page which switches to put the track title in the TITLE tag

also there is meta-tags description and keywords

Message 19/24             24-Jul-10  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

k

[image file]

and here on all default pages (not a track page) the title is set by user in their account 'edit tags' page - if not added it defaults to simply use the account username

Message 20/24             24-Jul-10  @  06:07 PM   -   RE: the homepages... slight return

k

[image file]

and here is favicon on a user-colours template again, all tags are present hidden and the title as u can see is user set!

ok!... almost ready to go, i just gotta add facebook LIKE buttons to the user-colours-set template pages (already done for all fixed templates) and we should be ready for the off.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot